Tax UK | ExpatWoman.com

Tax UK

Latest post on 10 June 2015 - 16:58

Just want to check out what happens when you go back to UK in the middle of the year. My husband has potentially been offered a new position in UK. However the offer is no good if we get stung for tax as soon as we go back. A colleague has told him its fine and there will be no problem ,but I wasn't totally convinced of this. Any feed back would be appreciated Thank you

Latest post on 28 August 2015 - 22:19
Did you get clarification on this? We too are in the same boat and getting no clear answer. Thanks
Latest post on 11 June 2015 - 08:50
I'd call HMRC to confirm (once you get through the multiple options they're actually quite helpful) but assuming he has been non-resident in the UK for a full tax year then he should be able to apply split year treatment which means he will only pay tax on his income from when he starts work in the UK.
Latest post on 10 June 2015 - 17:02
We were told it can depend on a number of things. Has he done at least one full tax year out here? Also I believe that he can be taxed on what he has earned so far this year since the start of the UK tax year. If I was you I would ring the tax office and get an answer directly from them.