Anyone live in Pearl and have kids who go to ASD? How's the commute? | ExpatWoman.com

Anyone live in Pearl and have kids who go to ASD? How's the commute?

Latest post on 12 June 2015 - 17:24

Hello!
We are moving back to Doha and would love to move to the Pearl however are keen on sending our kids to ASD. Is the commute too unreasonable? Any experiences would be greatly appreciated! :)

Latest post on 13 June 2015 - 20:20
Thank you ladies ! Yea that makes sense to live closer to ASD, I forgot about our kids friends and after school activities.
Latest post on 12 June 2015 - 23:06
Hi - I think ASD would be really tough. We also moved back to Doha and now live at the Pearl (QQ) and we love it. We have three kids and having the beach here in QQ has made Doha feel totally different than our compound days. When it is nice, we walk to the movies, walk to the grocery, etc. I take the kids to baseball at ASD in the evenings and it takes me more than one hour. Morning traffic is heavy, usually until about 7:45.
Latest post on 12 June 2015 - 20:46
The Pearl is nice, but if you send your kids to ASD, it does not make sense to live there. Also, there's not much for your kids to do at the Pearl. It's an ideal place for childless adults... all of their friends and after school activities will be near school. Don't torture yourselves by living far away from where your kids will go to school.