I need a foundation that does not make me look old - any make up artists/poeple with similar experiences? | ExpatWoman.com

I need a foundation that does not make me look old - any make up artists/poeple with similar experiences?

Latest post on 27 June 2015 - 18:24
Lancome Air de Teint - cabin crew 20+ hrs shift proof tested :) and it feels like nothing. U'll love it!
Latest post on 24 June 2015 - 14:32
Bobby Brown is good for a range of skin tones, her tinted moisturiser is lovely. Also Dior have flash primer which is gorgeous, and Clarins beauty flash balm as a primer is a classic
Latest post on 23 June 2015 - 22:26
Hi Ladies, I generally have good skin and only apply a tinted moisturiser from MAC on an evening out and it gives me a good coverage although its not as long lasting due to it being a moisturising one. I am 40 years old but been told I dont look my age - touch wood. A few of my friends are getting married and I will be attending numerous events. I went for a makeover at MAC - My friend looked gorgeous after the trial - I looked like a cake; Dont get me wrong - the foundation applied gave me a natural look -it called studio fix. but, after a few hours, my facial lines started showing through and i started feeling like my makeup was cracking. It was applied very lighly. I have combination dry/dehydrated skin. Drink lots of water, put enough moisturiser and the right moisturiser and also exfoliate regularly. My skin was also prepped properly before applying it on. So what went wrong. I have been told that MAC is generally quite heavy and there are other makeup brands that are better. I am a fair asian (paksitani/indian) with yellow tones in my skin so Mac range fits my skin tone but it seems like it does not match texture wise - dont want to look matt/dry. Can anyone please advise? I dont need advise on skin care please as I already use products that work well on me. Its a foundation that I am looking for with light coverage, long lasting and should not give me a matt/cakey look. Really would appreciate your help please.[b'>[/b'> I use Mac Matchmaster SPF15 as also found the studio fix too thick for my skin I also had my makeup done by Illamasque in the UK and she used two different colours and the result was amazing. My 43 year old skin which isn't lined looked dewy and flawless !!! I do find the makeup ladies here are not the best and don't really know what is right for your skin. I had MAC ( Dubai) do my makeup once and I looked like Beetlejuice when she had finished The Makeup forever staff in Dubai mall and Bobby Brown in MOE are very good and I personally feel are better trained I would shop around as everyone is different and whilst one might suit another person it may not suit you. I had to visit so many different makeup counters before I found the right one for me. I have also started using a Primer under my makeup and applying foundation with a beauty blender not a brush or my fingers ( better result) and have been dabbling in the contouring side :-) Shop around and see which is best for you. I find some of the designers ones are far too heavy and perfumed which causes a breakout for me LMAO!! @SaraLou I now have a Beetlejuice makeup image in my head!:lol:
Latest post on 23 June 2015 - 13:26
Hi Ladies, I generally have good skin and only apply a tinted moisturiser from MAC on an evening out and it gives me a good coverage although its not as long lasting due to it being a moisturising one. I am 40 years old but been told I dont look my age - touch wood. A few of my friends are getting married and I will be attending numerous events. I went for a makeover at MAC - My friend looked gorgeous after the trial - I looked like a cake; Dont get me wrong - the foundation applied gave me a natural look -it called studio fix. but, after a few hours, my facial lines started showing through and i started feeling like my makeup was cracking. It was applied very lighly. I have combination dry/dehydrated skin. Drink lots of water, put enough moisturiser and the right moisturiser and also exfoliate regularly. My skin was also prepped properly before applying it on. So what went wrong. I have been told that MAC is generally quite heavy and there are other makeup brands that are better. I am a fair asian (paksitani/indian) with yellow tones in my skin so Mac range fits my skin tone but it seems like it does not match texture wise - dont want to look matt/dry. Can anyone please advise? I dont need advise on skin care please as I already use products that work well on me. Its a foundation that I am looking for with light coverage, long lasting and should not give me a matt/cakey look. Really would appreciate your help please.[b'>[/b'> I use Mac Matchmaster SPF15 as also found the studio fix too thick for my skin I also had my makeup done by Illamasque in the UK and she used two different colours and the result was amazing. My 43 year old skin which isn't lined looked dewy and flawless !!! I do find the makeup ladies here are not the best and don't really know what is right for your skin. I had MAC ( Dubai) do my makeup once and I looked like Beetlejuice when she had finished The Makeup forever staff in Dubai mall and Bobby Brown in MOE are very good and I personally feel are better trained I would shop around as everyone is different and whilst one might suit another person it may not suit you. I had to visit so many different makeup counters before I found the right one for me. I have also started using a Primer under my makeup and applying foundation with a beauty blender not a brush or my fingers ( better result) and have been dabbling in the contouring side :-) Shop around and see which is best for you. I find some of the designers ones are far too heavy and perfumed which causes a breakout for me
Latest post on 23 June 2015 - 13:19
Hi Ladies, I generally have good skin and only apply a tinted moisturiser from MAC on an evening out and it gives me a good coverage although its not as long lasting due to it being a moisturising one. I am 40 years old but been told I dont look my age - touch wood. A few of my friends are getting married and I will be attending numerous events. I went for a makeover at MAC - My friend looked gorgeous after the trial - I looked like a cake; Dont get me wrong - the foundation applied gave me a natural look -it called studio fix. but, after a few hours, my facial lines started showing through and i started feeling like my makeup was cracking. It was applied very lighly. I have combination dry/dehydrated skin. Drink lots of water, put enough moisturiser and the right moisturiser and also exfoliate regularly. My skin was also prepped properly before applying it on. So what went wrong. I have been told that MAC is generally quite heavy and there are other makeup brands that are better. I am a fair asian (paksitani/indian) with yellow tones in my skin so Mac range fits my skin tone but it seems like it does not match texture wise - dont want to look matt/dry. Can anyone please advise? I dont need advise on skin care please as I already use products that work well on me. Its a foundation that I am looking for with light coverage, long lasting and should not give me a matt/cakey look. Really would appreciate your help please.[b'>[/b'> I love Guerlain's Lingerie de Peau. Used to use YSL and Dior but would never go back. The coverage in the Guerlain is between light-to-medium. What is crazy is it is so light, however it smooths out uneven skin tone and moderate blemishes. I feel like I just gave away my best kept beauty secret! I also use Laura Mercier setting powder (when I have time and remember to). They have changed the formula from ages ago, unfortunately, but it is still good. Was more of a talc-like consistency and now it is mineral powder-like--I am a bit of a spaz so it tends to fly all over my bathroom. I, too, do not care for a cakey or matte look, however the matte finish does not last long at all, and helps keep it on your face in this steambath weather. I apply it to the t zone area only. If anyone can recommend a loose, invisible setting powder like the old Universal from LM I would be happy to hear you out!
Latest post on 23 June 2015 - 08:13
Hi Ladies, I generally have good skin and only apply a tinted moisturiser from MAC on an evening out and it gives me a good coverage although its not as long lasting due to it being a moisturising one. I am 40 years old but been told I dont look my age - touch wood. A few of my friends are getting married and I will be attending numerous events. I went for a makeover at MAC - My friend looked gorgeous after the trial - I looked like a cake; Dont get me wrong - the foundation applied gave me a natural look -it called studio fix. but, after a few hours, my facial lines started showing through and i started feeling like my makeup was cracking. It was applied very lighly. I have combination dry/dehydrated skin. Drink lots of water, put enough moisturiser and the right moisturiser and also exfoliate regularly. My skin was also prepped properly before applying it on. So what went wrong. I have been told that MAC is generally quite heavy and there are other makeup brands that are better. I am a fair asian (paksitani/indian) with yellow tones in my skin so Mac range fits my skin tone but it seems like it does not match texture wise - dont want to look matt/dry. Can anyone please advise? I dont need advise on skin care please as I already use products that work well on me. Its a foundation that I am looking for with light coverage, long lasting and should not give me a matt/cakey look. Really would appreciate your help please.[b'>[/b'> There is an amazing one at Benefit and its called oxygen foundation, it is very light but gives very good coverage and I found it better than these super expensive fancy ones, many people rave about it, its not expensive either, have been using for months now.
Latest post on 15 June 2015 - 08:43
OP have a look at Bourjois CC cream, it's light but still gives a very goos coverage. After I started to use CC creams I don't like foundations anymore. I'm using the Smash Box bb cream now and I like it because it has SPF 30, but I think I prefer the texture of the Bourjois one. This is a useful thread - like! I am very happy with Smash Box BB cream myself and use it most days. It provides enough light cover for my aging skin (well, late forties), and doesn't cake, sink into my wrinkles, feel heavy or go orange! I use it alone sometimes, and if i'm after a more matt look, then I finish it off with a dusting of Chanel Poudre Universelle (which is also pretty good used alone over a good primer btw). I hope the OP enjoys testing all the suggestions in this thread :-)
Latest post on 14 June 2015 - 20:42
I really like Lancome's CC cream. It evens out your skin tone brilliantly but feels really light and never looks cakey.
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 14 June 2015 - 18:44
OP have a look at Bourjois CC cream, it's light but still gives a very goos coverage. After I started to use CC creams I don't like foundations anymore. I'm using the Smash Box bb cream now and I like it because it has SPF 30, but I think I prefer the texture of the Bourjois one.
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 14 June 2015 - 18:41
I have really dry skin too and I've tried just about every product on the market it seems! If you're going to be in the heat and don't want streaks of foundation dreaming down your face, I'd try a setting spray. The "bridal" ones work best, though they do leave your face very stiff. I love bb creams as well, though I prefer the Asian ones for sure. I think by creams are better for over 20s but that's just my experience. But by far the best combination I have found for this climate is an Asian "cushion" foundation, combined with setting powder. Canmake is the very best powder I've ever used, it stays on with very little touching up. When I first came here I was using the entire Dior range- nude line, foundation, pressed and loose powders. But they don't stand up for me in this climate. Lancome has brought out a cushion foundation. I assume it's available here as welll.
Latest post on 14 June 2015 - 18:09
Estee lauder is the only suitable for me...the double wear,i am very happy with it.
Latest post on 14 June 2015 - 17:12
I have really dry skin too and I've tried just about every product on the market it seems! If you're going to be in the heat and don't want streaks of foundation dreaming down your face, I'd try a setting spray. The "bridal" ones work best, though they do leave your face very stiff. I love bb creams as well, though I prefer the Asian ones for sure. I think by creams are better for over 20s but that's just my experience. But by far the best combination I have found for this climate is an Asian "cushion" foundation, combined with setting powder. Canmake is the very best powder I've ever used, it stays on with very little touching up. When I first came here I was using the entire Dior range- nude line, foundation, pressed and loose powders. But they don't stand up for me in this climate.
Latest post on 14 June 2015 - 09:45
Now I want to try Giorgio Armani 's foundation! I tried Gucci in Harvey Nichols in the weekend, it looked amazing I was thinking that would be my next buy. I am one of those that can't live without foundation (sundamaged skin). I do still like Clarins as well, as they are more of a skincare brand I think it works well. I have used Clarins for years and just changed my routine as I have got older. One thing I found recently though was that full foundation just does not work, especially since I have reached a certain age !!! and am living in such a hot country. I bought some of the new BB Cream last month and personally I prefer it to anything else they have brought out :)
Latest post on 14 June 2015 - 08:45
Also agree with Giorgio Armani, its lovely, but my go to foundation is Dior BB cream, its lovely light and gives me a good coverage without adding more cracks to my face. I have MAC and I dont like it because of the cakey effect.
Latest post on 13 June 2015 - 09:33
Try Giorgio Armani "Lasting Silk" foundation...same price point as MAC but to me, much less cakey.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY