Mens shirt Alteration - Where to go? | ExpatWoman.com

Mens shirt Alteration - Where to go?

Latest post on 15 June 2015 - 12:33

Hi Ladies,

My DH bought 5 shirts on sale from a well known suit company in MOE. He come home thinking that the shirts be fine as the sizes are in medium. He wanted to wear one for work and when he put it on the sleeves were huge it was like extra large size. He was not impressed and couldn't believe he wasted his money on them. Now I mentioned to him maybe will look for a tailor who can take the sleeves in
(if possible). His reply "that would cost more than the shirts itself" he is probably right but I felt so bad for him and he liked the look of the shirts which he wanted to wear for work.

Does anyone know a good tailor that will take the sleeves in and not too expensive; he has five shirts to alter.

TIA

Latest post on 20 July 2015 - 13:22
Thanks Miromiro63. Sorry for the late response.
Latest post on 09 July 2015 - 14:17
Ohh sorry i forgot to write the laundry no it is 800 697673 Good luck :)
Latest post on 09 July 2015 - 03:57
Hi FrizzBusy it is Rose Laundry just go to their website you will find the contact no & they will come to you at the same day & their prices are very reasonable .
Latest post on 08 July 2015 - 22:13
Hi ladies, I totally forgot about this thread. Thanks for all your replies. The shop where DH bought the shirts has either shut down or refurbishing :confused: So a Tailor is a must now. Lolacat - Thanks for that will look into it. Miromiro63 - do you mind sharing the name and number of the laundry company? Thanks.
Latest post on 08 July 2015 - 13:57
http://tailorandco.ae/ have a few locations and are amazing, their work is exceptional and rates reasonable.
Latest post on 08 July 2015 - 05:13
Hi i am dealing with a laundry that do all these stuff perfectly for a reasonable prices & i am happy with that because i need altration services every time me or my husband buy new trousers
Latest post on 15 June 2015 - 15:50
Can you not exchange the shirts for a different size?
Latest post on 15 June 2015 - 13:30
I would visit a tailor near where you live or work. Perhaps i've been lucky, but I haven't had a bad experience with any tailors in Dubai (certainly not for simple jobs like this). Usually by mosques there is a tailor and laundry. My local tailor is very cheap; it looks like chaos with piles of clothing in bags, but he always knows which bag is mine and completes the work quickly. Probably for shirt adjustment it would be 10-20dhs per shirt. If you go to a tailor in a mall or hotel it will be much more expensive.
Latest post on 15 June 2015 - 13:24
There is a tailor next to Nespresso in MoE, been taking clothes there forever, they do a good job. They might be able to help with the sleeves too. Jumeirah Beach Hotel also has a tailor on the 1st floor, might be worth giving them a call too, if for nothing else to check the price.
Latest post on 15 June 2015 - 12:50
If he bought them at Saccoor, they will do the alteration for free.
Latest post on 15 June 2015 - 12:45
no idea whether they are expensive, but I recently noticed a shop in the Dubai Mall, called Stitch In Time, i took their contact details so i could recall later. they are in Dubai Mall and Sunset Mall and also in Abu Dhabi.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY