LG Nursery - any good? | ExpatWoman.com

LG Nursery - any good?

Latest post on 16 June 2015 - 15:11

Hi ladies,
Has anyone heard if the Little Gems nurseries are good? Particularly the Safa one?

Students here get priority when applying to GEMS schools, according to the GEMS Wellington International registrar.

Thanks!

Latest post on 25 August 2015 - 16:45
Hi, My daughter attended FS1 at Little Gems Safa last year and she was accepted into our first choice school for this upcoming term (FS2). About halfway through the year they will give you a form asking you to list your top three preferences for schools (GEMS) and they will try to get you into your preferred school. You still have to do the registration, application and pay the fees for the schools that you apply to. So you still have to do a lot of the legwork. As far as I know, most of the children were accepted into the GEMS schools but not sure if they were accepted into the ones of their choice. We were really pleased with the program and the teachers. My daughter loved going to school there. Hope this helps. Thanks so much for your reply Woods! Makes me glad I've put her in Little Gems. Glad your daughter got into the school you wanted :)
Latest post on 25 August 2015 - 14:33
Hi, My daughter attended FS1 at Little Gems Safa last year and she was accepted into our first choice school for this upcoming term (FS2). About halfway through the year they will give you a form asking you to list your top three preferences for schools (GEMS) and they will try to get you into your preferred school. You still have to do the registration, application and pay the fees for the schools that you apply to. So you still have to do a lot of the legwork. As far as I know, most of the children were accepted into the GEMS schools but not sure if they were accepted into the ones of their choice. We were really pleased with the program and the teachers. My daughter loved going to school there. Hope this helps.
Latest post on 25 August 2015 - 09:34
Hi LaDiDa00 My daughter is starting at Little Gems FS1 programme at Safa next week inshaAllah so will let you know we get on, and when it comes to school placement for FS2! Interestingly, students who do FS1 at Little Gems get priority placement for FS2 at GEMS schools (at JPS anyways, this is what the registrar told me) - so I'm not sure if they get priority if they do nursery at Little Gems and want to join JPS or any GEMS school for FS1. I put DD in Little Gems specifically to help with FS2 placements in schools so hoping for the best! Overall I am happy with the staff and their programme, it seems very organised and like a proper FS1 structure, but will update once DD actually starts. Btw JPS is opening for registration on Sep 1st if you want to apply there.
Latest post on 24 August 2015 - 17:43
Hi ladies! Try to inquire at Little Pandas Early Learning Centre, they offer FS-1 and FS-2.
Latest post on 16 July 2015 - 21:27
bump! EW has become so quiet, I was expecting some replies, even if they're just from people about how much they hate GEMS schools ;) I'm in the exact same situation as you are! How are you going with nurseries/schools? No one is replying to me either! According to their website, GEMS Nursery almost guarantees a placement at a GEMS school. The lady on the phone told me that they still have to do an entrance assessment test (which I think is just formalities if the child has attended a GEMS Nursery Emeralds Programme prior). I'm not sure - I was kind of thinking about Kidville but I would rather do a GEMS that would help in school placement. It seems like it's really, really competitive to get into FS1, FS2/KG1
Latest post on 17 June 2015 - 10:39
bump! EW has become so quiet, I was expecting some replies, even if they're just from people about how much they hate GEMS schools ;)

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY