Traffic towards Mirdif at 6pm? | ExpatWoman.com

Traffic towards Mirdif at 6pm?

Latest post on 19 June 2015 - 20:17

Hi Ladies. Just wondering if any of you know how long it would take to get to Mirdif at peak traffic time, around 6pm? Heading to Uptown Mirdif from Business Bay/Downtown area. Thanks in advance! (Not during Ramadan, just normal time)

Latest post on 21 November 2015 - 19:45
Hi darlingbuds. Never moved to mirdif in the end. We were lucky enough to find a small villa in al Barsha for the same budget so we took that instead. X
Latest post on 17 November 2015 - 21:49
Hi Gingercat I was just wondering if you ended up moving to Mirdif and how you are finding the drive from Business Bay / Downtown area? We are about to move there after 5 years in DT so quite a change for us - hubby will be driving home from Business Bay. Thanks.
Latest post on 21 June 2015 - 19:30
Thanks a mill Couch Potato. Will def get him to do a run out that direction. The only thing putting me off is the traffic.... Half and hour or so is doable.... Don't really want it to be any more than that. ?
Latest post on 21 June 2015 - 18:54
The traffic getting out of Downtown at that time can be a nightmare. (sorry). (in any direction!) I think it depends exactly where you are leaving from, as SL says from DIFC is fine - Downtown totally different. Definitely try it out (although maybe he already works there so knows how long it takes him to exit his particular office?) Once he has actually exited the area and is on the highways it wouldn't be too bad at all.
Latest post on 21 June 2015 - 18:49
Thanks SarahLou. We are just looking at different areas to move to when we have to move out in August. Thought the traffic would be awful at that time. That's given me a bit of hope... Might get hubby to test it out some evening after work. Best value for money for us at the moment...
Latest post on 21 June 2015 - 13:42
Hi Ladies. Just wondering if any of you know how long it would take to get to Mirdif at peak traffic time, around 6pm? Heading to Uptown Mirdif from Business Bay/Downtown area. Thanks in advance! (Not during Ramadan, just normal time) During Ramadan the roads aren't too bad at 6pm Most people are finishing work between 2pm-3.30pm They tend to get busy as people head out for Iftar ( Around 6.30pm) During non Ramadan timings they flow pretty quickly. I have 2 colleagues who live in Mirdif and it takes them 20 mins from DIFC using Al Khail Road

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY