Any Arabic bakeries that sell freshly assembled cheese sambouseks/samosas that you can freeze at home? | ExpatWoman.com

Any Arabic bakeries that sell freshly assembled cheese sambouseks/samosas that you can freeze at home?

Latest post on 21 June 2015 - 23:51

It would be great if anyone could point me in the right direction. I'd like to buy a couple of dozen or so and freeze them so I can fry/bake them when needed. I was told that usually Arabic bakeries have these for sale during Ramadan.

The store bought ones from the freezer sections just aren't the same thing and my culinary skills aren't up to scratch either.

Any and all leads welcome! Thanks!

Latest post on 28 June 2015 - 12:52
Try Kuzina, a brand found everywhere at Carrfour, Waitrose, Coop. They have cheese fillings and feta with spinach filling rolls. They are already frozen and are really good.
Latest post on 22 June 2015 - 16:09
Thank you. I guess I'll give it a go. wickedangel - Thanks for the tips. I might check these places out if I'm ever in those areas (rarely) just out of curiosity - you never know what treats you might find!
Latest post on 22 June 2015 - 14:26
Agree with Mrsb. I buy the Switz pastry, then I mix halloumi cheese with white cheese and some dried mint. The pastry strips fold like triangles and you use flour paste to seal them closed. I make batches and freeze them, then use whenever needed. They're incredibly easy to make, no culinary expertise required!
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 22 June 2015 - 14:15
Why buy them? They are so easy to make fresh. Just buy "white cheese" - either full fat or low fat from the supermarket - and buy the samosa sheets from the freezer section and wrap and then fry - nothing is easier. They are a favourite in my home.
Latest post on 22 June 2015 - 01:40
Check al sultan sweets they have a branch in uptown mirdif , you can also check Al douri market in international city.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY