Cape Town ( Summer vacation ) | ExpatWoman.com

Cape Town ( Summer vacation )

Latest post on 23 June 2015 - 16:09

I am looking at cape town to spend our summer there which is almost 4 weeks. Anyone been there can share their experience ..traveling with kids! on the other hand we were also looking at Gold Coast, which one would be better to visit …..

Latest post on 27 June 2015 - 14:27
Thank you all for your feedbacks… Both seems interesting ,,We are still thinking which one would fit us more with kids ages 14, 8 and 6 ,,,and spending 4 or 5 weeks !!!mid july until the end of august
Latest post on 25 June 2015 - 07:59
I am looking at cape town to spend our summer there which is almost 4 weeks. Anyone been there can share their experience ..traveling with kids! on the other hand we were also looking at Gold Coast, which one would be better to visit ….. It will be very cold in Cape Town at this time of the year, lots of snow. I would definitely choose gold coast but I dont like the cold.
Latest post on 24 June 2015 - 16:00
We are going for the first time to cape town in August , its winter now in SA. we have been to Gold coast earlier , lots of things for Kids to do in gold coast ( theme parks ) and its also winter by that time , however weather is very nice during day time you can just wear a tshirt and its cold once the sun goes down
Latest post on 24 June 2015 - 08:31
We had a family holiday there last August and were really lucky to have beautiful sunny warm weather most of the time. Stayed on the V&A waterfront in a beautiful apartment then took 10 days to drive the spectacular Garden Route. highly recommend it all. If you are going to Cape Town you can book Table Mountain and Robben Island tickets in advance which is definitely the best thing to do to avoid queues.
Latest post on 24 June 2015 - 08:16
Because it isn't tourist season it is actually a great time to go. We went for 2 weeks and could have stayed for 4. Some days were beautifully hot and sunny so shorts and T-shirts with a jumper in the evening. Some days it rained and snowed. We actually enjoyed having the variety of weather and there are plenty of indoor options for those rainy days. You will find accommodation is cheaper and nothing is crowded.
Latest post on 23 June 2015 - 22:19
Gold coast has tropical weather all year so its the best choice for this time of the year if you can find accommodation as most people book many months in advance.... Cape Town currently has winter weather with a cold front approaching...icy cold weather and definitely not tourist season unless your into ice cold winds and rain.
Latest post on 23 June 2015 - 18:54
What would be a better option then Cape town or Gold Coast !!
Latest post on 23 June 2015 - 18:27
I am looking at cape town to spend our summer there which is almost 4 weeks. Anyone been there can share their experience ..traveling with kids! on the other hand we were also looking at Gold Coast, which one would be better to visit ….. If by "our summer" you mean July - Cape can be very cold with snow on mountain tops!
Latest post on 23 June 2015 - 17:01
Thank you shadowmist2
Latest post on 23 June 2015 - 16:17
Beautiful place to go, kids would love it, it is currently winter going in to Spring around September if I can remember correctly lol :) the wine route is a must, If you get the chance. table mountain and other attractions available. Enjoy the holiday :biggrin:

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY