How and when do you find the time to exercise? | ExpatWoman.com

How and when do you find the time to exercise?

Latest post on 25 June 2015 - 09:08

Hello! I'm relatively new to Dubai and am suffering the 'Dubai stone' and need to start doing something about it. But I'm not sure how to squeeze exercise into my already busy day. how do you squeeze in gym classes? Any recommendations? I'm also looking for yoga. Any recommendations in downtown area? Thanks for your help!

Latest post on 01 July 2015 - 19:15
You tube the dr oz 7 minute work out. If you don't have time for a proper fitness program this is the best start and 7 minutes every morning is pretty manageable.
Latest post on 01 July 2015 - 17:07
Totally agree with Chezmoi, and I hate to rant on diet pills as usual, but here goes. Are you even aware of the mechanism by which Sibutramine works? It can completely jack with your seratonin levels, and increase the risk of a cardiovascular event. My job is also really important to me, but so is my heart and liver. And so is working out, too, so I find the time even though my schedule is nuts and unpredictable. Besides suggesting strangers take a weight loss drug if they cannot fit exercise in their schedule, I think the silliest thing is that...anyone that follows the "recommendations" of drinking more water, eating more fruits and vegetables and eating is healthier is likely going to...lose weight! Because following those recommendations will likely result in a caloric deficit. No magic pills work, sorry.
Latest post on 01 July 2015 - 15:37
During this treatment with Reductil I did not have any issues or side effects. I simply followed the basic recommendations : to eat healthier, including more fruits and vegetables, to drink at least 2L of water per day and to take these pills. As I have mentioned above, this method suited me the most, because I do not have the necessary time for sport or some other activities. My job is essential to me and thanks to these pills I could lose weight and still keep my job. I don't know how they were banned because you still can find them online. Anyway, that's my personal experience. I don't know how you suppose just because you can find them online means they are not banned or risky. The internet is full of spurious drugs! Neither does it change the fact that Reductil is banned in many countries including the UAE. Nor does it mean that the tablets sold online are safe. So registering on here to promote a website and advising others to import them into Dubai is not advisable from a legal perspective besides the clinical risk these tablets carry which is well documented. Google ' Reductil banned for heart attack risks ' http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/SafetyInformation/SafetyAlertsforHumanMedicalProducts/ucm228830.htm Its fortunate you did not experience negative side effects but that does not mean others won't, which is why I suggested its best to advise others check with a doctor rather than make blanket recommendations over the internet for a medication known to have potential life threatening side effects.
Latest post on 29 June 2015 - 15:14
Exercising is about so much more than losing weight, the physical and mental benefits are huge. The OP was asking about how to fit exercise in so she obviously wants to lose weight in a healthy sustainable way rather than resorting to appetite suppressants. Scardeycat3, I was really struggling to fit effective exercise in around always having a child (or four) in tow. I was exercising - walking with a buggy early in the mornings and static biking once my children were in bed - which was great but I really wanted to build a bit more muscle and reignite my enthusiasm for exercising again. I found the only thing that really worked for me was to have a personal trainer come to my home at time that suited me and that was happy to have my children around. She was amazing and I'm thrilled with the results. I'm now at a point where I can exercise much more effectively on my own and I can see her for refresher sessions if I feel like I need it. It is an expensive option but doesn't need to be long term and you can really target exactly what you need.
Latest post on 29 June 2015 - 14:05
During this treatment with Reductil I did not have any issues or side effects. I simply followed the basic recommendations : to eat healthier, including more fruits and vegetables, to drink at least 2L of water per day and to take these pills. As I have mentioned above, this method suited me the most, because I do not have the necessary time for sport or some other activities. My job is essential to me and thanks to these pills I could lose weight and still keep my job. I don't know how they were banned because you still can find them online. Anyway, that's my personal experience.
Latest post on 29 June 2015 - 13:18
Hi there. I had the same problem with my busy schedule at work. I had different types of work shifts and due to this, didn't have much free time for myself. I ate at late hours and during the day, usually had many snacks. In this way, in one year I added almost 11 kg. That's why I have decided to try Reductil 15mg. In two months I lost almost 12 kg. It wasn't so hard and what's more important I manage to keep my weight, without gaining back the weight lost. This was my method of getting rid of the extra kg. I used this online pharmacy reductil-shop.com It seems to be a serious drugstore. Good luck to all Reductil is an appetite suppressant that was banned in the EU and UK recently because of dangerous potential side effects. And I would not advise the use of Sibutramine to anyone over the internet without first advising them to check with their doctor as there are many conditions that would contraindicate its use.
Latest post on 29 June 2015 - 12:50
Hi there. I had the same problem with my busy schedule at work. I had different types of work shifts and due to this, didn't have much free time for myself. I ate at late hours and during the day, usually had many snacks. In this way, in one year I added almost 11 kg. That's why I have decided to try Reductil 15mg. In two months I lost almost 12 kg. It wasn't so hard and what's more important I manage to keep my weight, without gaining back the weight lost. This was my method of getting rid of the extra kg. I used this online pharmacy reductil-shop.com It seems to be a serious drugstore. Good luck to all
Latest post on 26 June 2015 - 09:07
Meant to say glutes , sorry autocorrect :lol:
Latest post on 26 June 2015 - 09:03
My exercise routine: 6.30am stretch one leg at a time to heave myself out of bed ( legs and abs done) Run downstairs before children get up ( cardio done ) Run around the house like a headless chicken preparing lunches, finding uniforms , lost shoes etc ( more cardio, abs) Run up and downstairs at least 500 times in the day, dragging hoovers up and down,washing baskets etc Jumping jacks every time I enter the kitchen to avoid the cat who seems to be going senile and thinks every time I enter the kitchen he needs to be fed!!! Running around the supermarket with a very heavy trolley with wonky wheels ( more cardio ) Heaving heavy bags in and out of car ( weights done ) Put shopping away ( stretching done ) Attack gardening ( sauna done) Jump in the car to get children from school ,1 hour of bottom clenching ( gluteus done ) Prepare dinner( jumping jacks at a mighty speed now ) Note, dog has also joined the cat to make the assult course more difficult. Continue the run up and downstairs, to check homework is being done and not playing on iPad etc All the time returning to kitchen to check dinner isn't burning ( jumping jacks) 7.30 pm sit down to dinner. All in a day's work :biggrin:
Latest post on 26 June 2015 - 08:50
If your day is packed, perhaps you need to find ways to "unpack" some parts of it so you can use the freed up time for exercise. Consider a car pool with a friend or neighbour for the school run. Dubai is brilliant for being able to outsource one of more of your daily tasks (if you're happy to) - cleaning, laundry, ironing, cooking, childcare, driving....but caring for our own body is unfortunately still our own job!
Latest post on 26 June 2015 - 07:58
Getting exercise in on a busy schedule is difficult and it does involve compromise like getting up a lot earlier than usual or going to the gym after work. It does interfere with family time if you are a mother but it makes you feel so good if you are consistent. You just need to find what works for you and by that I mean not everyone is cut out for the gym environment. Power walking around your block is also exercise. Buying weights and using it at home is also a workout. On days where I really cant make it to the gym I use an exercise dvd. There are plenty good ones out there too. My current favourite is Focus T25. 25 minutes of intense exercise each day. Great stuff!
Latest post on 26 June 2015 - 07:09
Easy, get up an hour or so earlier. These days I am up by 4:30 else I won't fit it in. You can also do a true high intensity workout in 20 mins, it is all you need, and most of the time, it can be all body weight exercises. 3-4 of those a week is how I am getting by and my jeans are looser than ever. Just set your alarm and do something. Flippin' heck........ how much sleep do you get? 6.5 hours usually. I honestly don't think I could function on that little sleep. 23:00 to 23:30 bed at the latest and then up around 05:30 - 06:00 is bad enough. I always thought the older you got the less sleep you needed, but that doesn't seem to be the case with me :( Right, it is different for everyone. If you're not stressed, relying on caffeine, and digestion and other health markers are good, then you are sleeping enough. No matter what time I go to bed, I wake up about 6.5 hours later. Because exercise is all about consistency, and I couldn't seem to achieve that in evening workouts, I go for morning. At 5 or 6 am nothing else is vying for my time, so it works. It also energizes me for the day, I feel accomplished. :) That's why I recommend it.
Latest post on 25 June 2015 - 18:04
I get to the gym for 30mins in the morning, straight home, shower and school run. DH has the kids at the weekend when I want to use it then. My biggest problem was getting into the habit of going, now i'm in it it's harder to break the habit
Latest post on 25 June 2015 - 17:17
I have recently discovered the 7 minute intense workouts. When I say discovered I mean watching them on youtube and not actually doing them :lol: but they seem like the way forward. everyone has 7 minutes! Although time is an issue, it's laziness that's the main factor for me, I just can't be [i'>bothered[/i'> at the start of the day OR the end of the day. I could probably manage 7 minutes while dinner was cooking, but could I manage to eat after ;) I'm the same at the start and end of the day, although the dogs do get walked at these times ;)
Latest post on 25 June 2015 - 17:14
I have recently discovered the 7 minute intense workouts. When I say discovered I mean watching them on youtube and not actually doing them :lol: but they seem like the way forward. everyone has 7 minutes! Although time is an issue, it's laziness that's the main factor for me, I just can't be [i'>bothered[/i'> at the start of the day OR the end of the day.
Latest post on 25 June 2015 - 16:42
Same here GE. My doc's told me that women of 'a certain age' like me need 8 hours a night. Have never had 8 hours a night until now.
Latest post on 25 June 2015 - 12:39
Easy, get up an hour or so earlier. These days I am up by 4:30 else I won't fit it in. You can also do a true high intensity workout in 20 mins, it is all you need, and most of the time, it can be all body weight exercises. 3-4 of those a week is how I am getting by and my jeans are looser than ever. Just set your alarm and do something. Flippin' heck........ how much sleep do you get? 6.5 hours usually. I honestly don't think I could function on that little sleep. 23:00 to 23:30 bed at the latest and then up around 05:30 - 06:00 is bad enough. I always thought the older you got the less sleep you needed, but that doesn't seem to be the case with me :(
Latest post on 25 June 2015 - 12:00
Easy, get up an hour or so earlier. These days I am up by 4:30 else I won't fit it in. You can also do a true high intensity workout in 20 mins, it is all you need, and most of the time, it can be all body weight exercises. 3-4 of those a week is how I am getting by and my jeans are looser than ever. Just set your alarm and do something. Flippin' heck........ how much sleep do you get? 6.5 hours usually.
Latest post on 25 June 2015 - 11:53
Easy, get up an hour or so earlier. These days I am up by 4:30 else I won't fit it in. You can also do a true high intensity workout in 20 mins, it is all you need, and most of the time, it can be all body weight exercises. 3-4 of those a week is how I am getting by and my jeans are looser than ever. Just set your alarm and do something. Flippin' heck........ how much sleep do you get? To be fair, I have friends, who when they're training for an events will be up at 3.30/4am to run and workout. These people are INSANE!
Latest post on 25 June 2015 - 11:51
Easy, get up an hour or so earlier. These days I am up by 4:30 else I won't fit it in. You can also do a true high intensity workout in 20 mins, it is all you need, and most of the time, it can be all body weight exercises. 3-4 of those a week is how I am getting by and my jeans are looser than ever. Just set your alarm and do something. Flippin' heck........ how much sleep do you get?
Latest post on 25 June 2015 - 11:44
Easy, get up an hour or so earlier. These days I am up by 4:30 else I won't fit it in. You can also do a true high intensity workout in 20 mins, it is all you need, and most of the time, it can be all body weight exercises. 3-4 of those a week is how I am getting by and my jeans are looser than ever. Just set your alarm and do something.
Latest post on 25 June 2015 - 11:16
If you like yoga, try looking up Yoga with Adriene on youtube - she has some fantastic programs for you to follow. I usually go to the gym on the way to or from work. You can do a high intensity workout in about 30-40 mins.
Latest post on 25 June 2015 - 10:27
I exercise late, early morning doesn't work for me as I'm up at 6am for the school run. Then I'm at work 8.30 to 5.30, and I spend the rest of the evening with my children. In my building there is a fitness studio that offers 8:30pm classes so I try to go to those 2-3 times per week after my children are in bed and also on a Friday or Saturday morning. To be honest at the end of the day I'm so tired that you really have to force yourself to go, but it is worth it. Alternatively, think about home DVD programs, specifically Focus T25. It's a 25 minute high intensity workout programme, created by Shaun T, if you are familiar with Insanity. The workouts are very tough, and a continuous 25 minutes. It has been built specifically for people that struggle to find time to workout due to busy schedules and has proven results if you do the full program and eat right. I have always been skeptical about home workouts, but I find Insanity and Focus T25 to be amazing. I am as exhausted after 25 minutes of Focus T25 as I am after an hour long Les Mills class. With Ramadan working out has been a huge struggle for me, so I am now doing Focus T25 sessions at around 11pm, which sounds crazy but otherwise I have to forfeit the workout completely. I'm not sticking to the full schedule but rather doing workouts as and when I can as that is better than nothing. http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/focus-t25-workout.do?e=417315
Latest post on 25 June 2015 - 09:44
I would love to know this too. My day is packed from start to finish and there is absolutely NO way I can fit an exercise class it at all.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY