Recomendations for xmas brunch, Al Qasr or Westin? | ExpatWoman.com

Recomendations for xmas brunch, Al Qasr or Westin?

Latest post on 26 June 2015 - 11:35

Im always late with bookings for Xmas brunch.
Last year tried booking Al qasr in october and was late already, they put me on a waiting list and never got a table.
Trying to do it earlier this year!

Can anyone tell me which brunch is better when u have a 3 year old , is it Al qasr or Westin?
Where is it more festive ?
Did any of u tried both?

Thank you

Latest post on 19 October 2015 - 20:17
Anyone got any recommendations of where to go? Do we still still it won't be dry?
Latest post on 05 July 2015 - 10:42
We did Mina a Salam last year and it was great, we had a lovely outdoor table, not squashed in. Santa arrived an an abra and the kids got to see him, we also got choc table decorations from Chocoa to take home. Great choice of food and full Christmas dinner avialable
Latest post on 02 July 2015 - 09:10
I have heard the Bab Al Shams one is supposed to be fab with Santa on a camel coming over the dunes :-)
Latest post on 02 July 2015 - 09:08
I'm not sure on which one is better but just a heads up that this year Xmas day could be a dry day. Prophet Mohamed's birthday is scheduled to fall on the 24th. So not sure if that means dry from 23rd to 24th or 24th to 25th 24 hours before. My calendar has all the holidays on and for the past 9 years have fallen exactly as it says. It states Milad Al Nabi is the 23 December
Latest post on 01 July 2015 - 21:35
I really hope Christmas isn't dry, this is the first time in 7 years I am spending Christmas here and was hoping to celebrate that in style!
Latest post on 01 July 2015 - 21:31
Have done both Al Qasr and Westin and I prefer the former. We did Westin this year and there wasn't really much difference from the usual brunch in terms of selection or entertainment - but the venue was completely packed out and the food quality seemed to be lower than usual, the food took longer to replenish, as did the bubbly. Al Qasr is also pretty busy but the quality always seems to be consistently good, even at christmas - we're going back this year but had to book almost a year in advance. Plus they have everything you would expect in a traditional christmas meal which really makes it feel more christmassy!
Latest post on 01 July 2015 - 08:30
We did Al Qasr last year for the second time and were totally underwhelmed. People squashed in, not enough actual xmas dinner and santa didnt make it to our area as he ran out of time, not ideal with 3 kids at the table. We've decided to get friends rou d to the apt this year, certainly will do if its going to be dry!!!! Sad to hear that, what a horrible experience! That is what im worried about, too many people and not enough entertainment for the kids. My son would be devastated if he saw Santa and wouldn't get to meet him! Will keep that im mind!
Latest post on 26 June 2015 - 19:42
We did Al Qasr last year for the second time and were totally underwhelmed. People squashed in, not enough actual xmas dinner and santa didnt make it to our area as he ran out of time, not ideal with 3 kids at the table. We've decided to get friends rou d to the apt this year, certainly will do if its going to be dry!!!!
Latest post on 26 June 2015 - 17:10
I'm not sure on which one is better but just a heads up that this year Xmas day could be a dry day. Prophet Mohamed's birthday is scheduled to fall on the 24th. So not sure if that means dry from 23rd to 24th or 24th to 25th

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY