Where could my parcel (sent via Emirates Post) be??? | ExpatWoman.com

Where could my parcel (sent via Emirates Post) be???

Latest post on 28 June 2015 - 12:08

I sent a parcel (a box with gifts for family) to South Africa via the Jumeirah post office on June 3rd. I chose the option to have it arrive in two weeks (which means I paid double the amount - because there's a four week option). It's June 28th now and it still hasn't arrived. Last week it was a week overdue so I went online and found this Global Track and Trace website. When I entered the Tracking number, I was dismayed. The last activity on my parcel was on June 4th and the description says, "Departure from outward office of exchange. Location: Dubai." What happened to it after that??? :(
So I called 600-5-99999 to make an enquiry. They gave me an enquiry number and said they would trace it with the airline that is supposed to have transported it, and with the Johannesburg exchange office. They assured me it's not lost, but I don't know. What I know for sure is that as of today it still hasn't arrived at its destination. Does anyone have a similar story? What was the end result? Or are there any further measures that I should be taking to ensure that it's located? Thank you!!

Latest post on 29 June 2015 - 18:49
I sent a parcel to Johannesburg in February paying extra to have it there in 10 days. Its still not arrived. I am assuming its either been stolen or is sitting in the huge pile of undelivered parcels due to the strike. Try rather send things by DHL. It costs more, but at least it always arrives.
Latest post on 29 June 2015 - 18:09
The South African post office workers most probably gifted themselves with your gift parcel. The Postal system in SA is close to crashing as they still have not caught up with all the delays due to their very long strikes. O no! :( I hope that is not the case. I sent one parcel in April and it arrived in May, so that encouraged me to send the second one. The only difference is that I haven't been able to trace this one - which has led me to think that something is wrong this time. I hope it resurfaces somewhere... Beginning last year the postal system was still working. They started striking from September until close to Christmas and still have not recovered...
Latest post on 29 June 2015 - 14:36
In my experience 'track and trace' does not work. It tracks the letter so far, I then hear that the letter arrived but it never shows this on track and trace.
Latest post on 29 June 2015 - 09:23
The South African post office workers most probably gifted themselves with your gift parcel. The Postal system in SA is close to crashing as they still have not caught up with all the delays due to their very long strikes. O no! :( I hope that is not the case. I sent one parcel in April and it arrived in May, so that encouraged me to send the second one. The only difference is that I haven't been able to trace this one - which has led me to think that something is wrong this time. I hope it resurfaces somewhere...
Latest post on 28 June 2015 - 14:20
The South African post office workers most probably gifted themselves with your gift parcel. The Postal system in SA is close to crashing as they still have not caught up with all the delays due to their very long strikes.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY