Moving to the Villa Dubailand Taxis and advice :) | ExpatWoman.com

Moving to the Villa Dubailand Taxis and advice :)

Latest post on 28 June 2015 - 16:53

Hello,

We are considering renting a villa in The Villa project in Dubailand. Does anyone live there? Is it easy to get taxis from there? Does anyone have any advice or comments about living there, as I know its a bit far away from everything :)

Thanks in advance Sarah

Latest post on 28 June 2015 - 17:56
Latest post on 28 June 2015 - 17:44
Download the RTA app 'Smart Taxi' I find it works s dream most of the time as long as you avoid the known busy periods. It's great, once your booking is accepted you get a red number, car number and drivers name. You can also track the taxi on its route to you. Normal booked taxi rates apply.
Latest post on 28 June 2015 - 17:31
We're at The Villa, going into out 6th year renting. Not had a problem with taxis in the last couple of years, although they don't cruise the area for rides, I'll admit we use Careem more but often have used Hala taxi service and booking and arriving has been fine as the drivers are often hang around Skycourt Towers, Arabian Ranches or Silicon Oasis. New Spinneys is open now which is great. Also lots of delivery food options. Dubai Mall 15 mins away, as is Mirdiff Mall. We love it here ETA there is a Facebook group 'the Villa Mums' which is good for info....
Latest post on 28 June 2015 - 17:02
Latest post on 28 June 2015 - 16:57
We've just moved to Falcon City Phase 2, but have friends in The Villa. The only advice I can give re Taxis, is that we all use Careem when we are going out as they always turn up. Coming back isn't so bad as you can direct them. There are a couple of shops there, but Silicon Oasis and AR isn't that far.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY