When is the Summer Slowdown going to start? | ExpatWoman.com

When is the Summer Slowdown going to start?

Latest post on 29 June 2015 - 19:08

:thinking:

It's as busy as ever, everywhere?...

Latest post on 02 July 2015 - 09:44
I came in that way this morning and noticed a few of the new big 'fat' type speed cameras on SZR. They've been on the AL Khail for some time now (just ask Mr GE!!) Perhaps these ones are being used to catch tailgaters. We were just saying this morning though, what happens when people go flying off towards a slip road in front of you and you're closer than 5 meters. Will they be able to tell the difference? They are the silver ones http://www.thenational.ae/uae/tailgaters-in-dubai-defy-fines-as-radar-cameras-fire-up I cant answer your question though. :-( Yep that's the ones that are on Al Khail too. They must be able to set them to do both!!
Latest post on 02 July 2015 - 09:40
I came in that way this morning and noticed a few of the new big 'fat' type speed cameras on SZR. They've been on the AL Khail for some time now (just ask Mr GE!!) Perhaps these ones are being used to catch tailgaters. We were just saying this morning though, what happens when people go flying off towards a slip road in front of you and you're closer than 5 meters. Will they be able to tell the difference? They are the silver ones http://www.thenational.ae/uae/tailgaters-in-dubai-defy-fines-as-radar-cameras-fire-up I cant answer your question though. :-(
Latest post on 02 July 2015 - 09:20
I came in that way this morning and noticed a few of the new big 'fat' type speed cameras on SZR. They've been on the AL Khail for some time now (just ask Mr GE!!) Perhaps these ones are being used to catch tailgaters. We were just saying this morning though, what happens when people go flying off towards a slip road in front of you and you're closer than 5 meters. Will they be able to tell the difference?
Latest post on 02 July 2015 - 09:11
My drive to work is a little quieter but there seems to be more crazies on the road Are the new cameras on SZR? ( silver ones) the tailgating cameras as I have seen a few people recently getting flashed I feel more people will leave after Ramadan [b'>Are the new cameras on SZR? ( silver ones) the tailgating cameras as I have seen a few people recently getting flashed[/b'> If you mean the big 'fat' silver and black ones, no they're just the newer type of speed camera. Which ones are they? I don't tailgate but would be good to know I heard on the radio that they are now active AED400 plus black points if you are flashed
Latest post on 02 July 2015 - 08:57
My drive to work is a little quieter but there seems to be more crazies on the road Are the new cameras on SZR? ( silver ones) the tailgating cameras as I have seen a few people recently getting flashed I feel more people will leave after Ramadan [b'>Are the new cameras on SZR? ( silver ones) the tailgating cameras as I have seen a few people recently getting flashed[/b'> If you mean the big 'fat' silver and black ones, no they're just the newer type of speed camera.
Latest post on 01 July 2015 - 16:54
Seems pretty slow to me. ? But then again...I don't really get out of the Marina much Haha - you sound like me. If I have to get on SZR - I'm probably not going. Exactly. I travel half the month and am perfectly happy to be in a 3 block radius when I'm home. Now I do have to go to one of the malls on Saturday to buy a laptop so it's encouraging to hear you can park on weekend nights now. But of course I'll go at 10 am sharp :)
Latest post on 01 July 2015 - 16:52
I drive a lot and nothing is any quieter. Roll on next week!
Latest post on 01 July 2015 - 14:23
EID All the royals are here till EID , then they move to London or Europe The reason for the busy roads is the Royals? I only ever seen 5 figure number plates on the roads, not the single/double digits that they use :biggrin:
Latest post on 01 July 2015 - 14:21
EID All the royals are here till EID , then they move to London or Europe
Latest post on 01 July 2015 - 14:17
Seems pretty slow to me. ? But then again...I don't really get out of the Marina much Haha - you sound like me. If I have to get on SZR - I'm probably not going.
Latest post on 01 July 2015 - 13:21
From what I heard they all left on Friday ;)
Latest post on 01 July 2015 - 12:57
It took me longer to reach the office yesterday than it has in a very long time! Think it was down to undue expectations after reading the "75,000" to use the airport in the last couple of days. They don't seem to have been from my regular route about town. I wonder where these 75 000 were last saturday morning when we left. Airport T1 was empty like never before! The same in Doha, where we connected.
Latest post on 01 July 2015 - 11:41
My drive to work is a little quieter but there seems to be more crazies on the road Are the new cameras on SZR? ( silver ones) the tailgating cameras as I have seen a few people recently getting flashed I feel more people will leave after Ramadan
Latest post on 01 July 2015 - 11:39
Park'n'Shop (Safa) is a ghost town...
Latest post on 01 July 2015 - 10:08
Traffic has substantially reduced in the last two weeks. The Sheikh Zayed bottleneck normally begins around Al Barsha in the evenings and it's now clear and free all the way to WTC. It's now possible to find parking at Mall of Emirates on Thursday and Friday nights. Summer slowdown is already here, at least for a lot of us.
Latest post on 01 July 2015 - 10:06
I'm loving it. 20 minutes from Falcon City to DIFC :biggrin:
Latest post on 01 July 2015 - 10:01
It took me longer to reach the office yesterday than it has in a very long time! Think it was down to undue expectations after reading the "75,000" to use the airport in the last couple of days. They don't seem to have been from my regular route about town.
Latest post on 01 July 2015 - 07:37
Seems pretty slow to me. ? But then again...I don't really get out of the Marina much
Latest post on 01 July 2015 - 07:08
I don't think it will slowdown until after Ramadan. Most of the Muslims I know want to stay here for Ramadan and leave straight afterwards.
Latest post on 01 July 2015 - 07:02
Next week, after the last few schools close for the summer
Latest post on 29 June 2015 - 19:15
:thinking: It's as busy as ever, everywhere?... Where to go? Cost? Change in pop demographics? Most of the Europeans and those with houses in their home countries I know have already left.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY