Quick question re schools | ExpatWoman.com

Quick question re schools

Latest post on 30 June 2015 - 00:02

Sorry, my kids are now fully grown, but I have noticed that there are so many schools still in session. How is this possible so late in the month. When my kids were in Choueifat, they got out around the 20th of June and were, generally, the last school to finish at that time. Why so latte?

Latest post on 02 July 2015 - 16:09
DS school finished a month ago , and they will start again on 6 sep
Latest post on 01 July 2015 - 12:35
Don't even get us started on the October thing! I really feel like everyone needs that break as it is a big adjustment coming back into the school year with the heat and humidity... Then there's half-term, everyone has a bit of a rest, the weather cools, and the rest of the term is so much easier... There will be Eid holidays at the end of September, would be too much to have another break 2 weeks later.
Latest post on 01 July 2015 - 11:43
Don't even get us started on the October thing! I really feel like everyone needs that break as it is a big adjustment coming back into the school year with the heat and humidity... Then there's half-term, everyone has a bit of a rest, the weather cools, and the rest of the term is so much easier...
Latest post on 30 June 2015 - 20:33
I am a teacher and it is due to KHDA. We are a British school and we are even starting back in August this year and don't have a half term in October. I am not sure how I am going to cope!!
Latest post on 30 June 2015 - 12:11
All I can say is "wow". So sorry for the kids and the heat. Everyone enjoy your summer wherever it may take you all.
Latest post on 30 June 2015 - 10:16
I'm amazed some BC schools are still operating......
Latest post on 30 June 2015 - 09:53
KHDA has added another 10 days to the academic calendar for next year so some schools might be open even longer.
Latest post on 30 June 2015 - 09:51
Last day for us today too. It's fine and I actually prefer it, at least we weren't trying to leave with the hoards over last weekend :)
Latest post on 30 June 2015 - 09:18
We have school this whole week until Thursday afternoon :cry: Yes I think it is KHDA driven (number of days).
Latest post on 30 June 2015 - 09:15
Today is last day of school for my kids and I have no clue why it was dragged all the way until 30th. Only reason I can think of is that may be they need to keep school open for a fixed number of days each school year by khda or something. choiefat closed around 25 I think.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY