Leaking batteries! | ExpatWoman.com

Leaking batteries!

Latest post on 30 June 2015 - 12:19

I recently bought the Energizer Advanced +Power Boost batteries for DS' toys and almost all of them have leaked a white powder, sometimes causing damage to the battery compartment. Has anyone else had this problem?

Latest post on 30 June 2015 - 15:44
Good point, GE! Thanks, will have a look.
Latest post on 30 June 2015 - 13:44
Have you checked the dates on the batteries as some shops tend to forget that they expire
Latest post on 30 June 2015 - 13:39
Thanks, FairyDust. I have checked and they are alkaline batteries. Once the battery leaks the white powder, they no longer work so I have to replace them with new ones. This usually happens about a week after I put them in. I'm using them in remote controls and related cars, trains, etc. that DS loves to play with. I'm concerned about the white powder and also the fact that they leak so quickly! I wanted to see if anyone else had the same problem before I contacted the company.
Latest post on 30 June 2015 - 12:45
These are lithium and alkaline batteries. The white powder is alkaline residue, you can just clean it out with a brush. New batteries should not leak. What sort of toys are you using them in? These sorts of batteries are meant for high power, high drain devices, such as digital cameras, gaming consoles etc so they might not be suitable for the things you're using them in.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY