S & K | ExpatWoman.com

S & K

Latest post on 30 June 2015 - 12:39

S&K - Consumer Interest Story- Please comment if you have had a bad experience with this company

After 2 years of suffering at the hands of this company who every time a rent payment was due held onto our funds. They would promptly bank the tenants cheque (which they cleverly organise to have made out in their own name) and when it came time for our payment to be released by them we had to call, email, follow up and endlessly chase them. This caused us so much of stress and heartache to the point where we completely lost trust in this organization. I will not even go into the shockingly bad service levels which we can literally write a book on. Finally, in Feb of this year we cancelled our contract with them at which time their administrator confirmed that they would return to us funds which were our tenants security cheque and petty cash funds which we had lodged with them for minor repairs. This was meant to be disbursed with the final rent payment in March. When this did not happen (no surprise there) - we contacted them to ask why and were told by Vikki Fairhurst (currently the 4th property manager in the job in the past 2 years) that we had to wait for 2 months. We patiently waited - 2 months has now come and gone - infact we are 2 months past the 2 monhts and still no word of our money being returned. I am at a loss for how this company is allowed to function in such an unethical manner!! They are illegally holding on to funds that they have absolutely no right or lien on - absolutely shameful!!. We have contacted several newspapers and there is a potential interest in putting a story together and exposing the practices being followed by this company. Therefore, if anyone has had similar experiences please PM me so that we can liaise and raise awareness in the community as this is completely unacceptable and the truth about organizations like this who believe they are untouchable must be brought to light. Thankfully, journalistic integrity accounts for a lot and there are publications interested in supporting us. sandkuaevictims at gmail dot com

Latest post on 01 July 2015 - 15:38
Thanks Roxy17 for your words of support. You are right, they should not be allowed to operate in the UAE as they don't seem to have any professional integrity at all. It is shameful. I will certainly explore the possibility of making a group visit to RERA to discuss our concerns. There is great strength in numbers. Hopefully the truth about how they function will be revealed and others will benefit too.
Latest post on 01 July 2015 - 15:30
Thank you for highlighting this issue. I will be sure to share your feedback with my network to warn them of the perils of dealing with this company. They should not be allowed to operate in the UAE. Their arrogance is appalling. I hope you and your tenant are able to recover your money. Such organisations must be exposed! ! Maybe all of you should get together and go down to Rera together. I hear they are trying to come down hard on real estate companies that dont toe the line.Its great that the local newspapers are supporting you. This is extremely important. Well done and hope you are able to recover your money.
Latest post on 30 June 2015 - 14:15
Thanks Stix. I hope you get your contract and thank you for responding. The publications we contacted wanted to club customer experiences together and put out a feature story as organizations like this are toxic and dupe innocent people. They seem to think they are untouchable and can do whatever they want. Good that your husband only makes the cheque out to the landlord. Our tenant was absolutely shocked to find out about the troubles we were having with getting our payments. He has also been trying to contact them to get the security deposit as they had him make this cheque out to them - but to no avail. They would hold on to tens of thousands of our hard earned money and we had mortgage payments coming out - imagine the stress. But they did not care at all. Even now in total the money they are holding onto is AED 6500 (tenant's security deposit) + AED 1925 (petty cash). It is time such unscrupulous organizations were brought to justice!!!
Latest post on 30 June 2015 - 14:01
I missed the email. I'm a tenant. All I can say is that they are equally rubbish at our end too. I feel for my landlord. One saving grace is that my husband will only ever make a cheque out to the landlord. So I hope at least they're getting our money. I am about to sign our second lease. Still don't have an original of the first one. Request. Request. Request. Ignore. Ignore. Ignore. I don't bother calling now. All via email so I can show it to someone if necessary. Speaking of which..... might shoot another one off to them now :angry:
Latest post on 30 June 2015 - 13:51
Thanks to those who have responded though the email was not on here for very long. I was pretty sure that there were more like us out there who have had just about enough from this organization. Our shared experiences will garner focus, momentum and hopefully some sort of resolution.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY