Shop and Ship | ExpatWoman.com

Shop and Ship

Latest post on 30 June 2015 - 14:27

Hi Ladies,

Forgive the fact that I am probably the last person to get on the freight forwarding bandwagon. I have been trying to sign up to shop and ship for quite literally days. Website keeps crashing so I don't know if my payment has been processed etc etc. No support from customer service thus far.

Question is: should I take this as a sign and steer clear? Do people have any alternative suggestions. Borderlinx? MyUS? UShopWeShip? I would love to hear your recommendations and why you go for one over another.

TIA

Latest post on 09 August 2015 - 09:28
How about DesertCart, has anyone tried that? https://www.desertcart.ae/ "We have a one off shipping fee of AED 25 on all orders. However, if your order exceeds AED 250, shipping is on us!" Hi UmmSalah If you do a search here you'll see a lot of negative reviews about Desert Cart. I wouldn't use them.
Latest post on 08 August 2015 - 22:31
How about DesertCart, has anyone tried that? https://www.desertcart.ae/ "We have a one off shipping fee of AED 25 on all orders. However, if your order exceeds AED 250, shipping is on us!" I have tried DesertCart once before and it was a total disaster. We ordered some stuff there and had problems with the online payment. After trying with a second credit card from a different bank, we contacted our bank and were told the problem is on the company side, not the bank's. I emailed them THREE times and still waiting for a response. Awful.
Latest post on 08 August 2015 - 12:41
How about DesertCart, has anyone tried that? https://www.desertcart.ae/ "We have a one off shipping fee of AED 25 on all orders. However, if your order exceeds AED 250, shipping is on us!"
Latest post on 02 August 2015 - 15:20
Hi, Sorry if this seems like I'm hijacking the original post but I'm hoping someone can answer a question about Shop & Ship! If I order from Amazon, I enter the UK address given to me by Aramex on checkout. Then does it automatically get forwarded to the Dubai address I entered when I signed up for S&S? Or do I have to enter my Dubai address somewhere? x Yes it's automatically forwarded, so just use your UK address as given by Aramex. That's assuming you're shopping in the UK.
Latest post on 02 August 2015 - 15:15
Hi, Sorry if this seems like I'm hijacking the original post but I'm hoping someone can answer a question about Shop & Ship! If I order from Amazon, I enter the UK address given to me by Aramex on checkout. Then does it automatically get forwarded to the Dubai address I entered when I signed up for S&S? Or do I have to enter my Dubai address somewhere? x
Latest post on 02 August 2015 - 13:51
Are there any services that consolidate multiple packages before shipping them (to save shipping costs)? I guess that wouldn't be in their interests, but we've had a service like that in Egypt and it saved a ton compared to SNS. hi Borderlinx does that :) The cost of shipping is combined but you still get separate packages. So if 1 box is from Amazon, and 1 is from Sephora, you'll pay for combined shipping but get each box separately, delivered at the same time though!
Latest post on 02 August 2015 - 13:12
Are there any services that consolidate multiple packages before shipping them (to save shipping costs)? I guess that wouldn't be in their interests, but we've had a service like that in Egypt and it saved a ton compared to SNS.
Latest post on 01 July 2015 - 15:13
I've totally given up now, been trying for weeks to get started with SnS. Extra empty suitcase it is then for my trip back to the UK!!
Latest post on 30 June 2015 - 16:14
Thanks ladies - yes possibly a browser issue. I will try updating that and forge ahead with my shopping! Thank you.
Latest post on 30 June 2015 - 15:41
I use SnS all the time and I'm very happy with them. I also tried Bordelinx based on someone's recommendation here on EW and they were OK too. They have a Concierge service whereby they can pay on your behalf if you don't have a US credit card, which is what I needed. The only thing I found with Borderlinx that annoyed me was having to log in to the account to get updates. They don't send you e-mails like SnS. But their customer service was good. I used the online chat several times and they were great.
Latest post on 30 June 2015 - 15:06
Hi Ladies, Forgive the fact that I am probably the last person to get on the freight forwarding bandwagon. I have been trying to sign up to shop and ship for quite literally days. Website keeps crashing so I don't know if my payment has been processed etc etc. No support from customer service thus far. Question is: should I take this as a sign and steer clear? Do people have any alternative suggestions. Borderlinx? MyUS? UShopWeShip? I would love to hear your recommendations and why you go for one over another. TIA I have used it twice today with no issues. I have been having problems with several websites at work and apparently DU is experiencing problems with their servers. I use SnS because they have been faultless delivering my parcels from the UK. No damages and I can track them Their delivery charges may be more than the others ( I haven't priced them) however as the UK sales are on in Oasis and DP I am saving a fortune than if I bought them in Dubai so I am happy Have you tried going through Google Chrome?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY