Help!! Emirates Post sent my parcel to Thailand, instead of South Africa! | ExpatWoman.com

Help!! Emirates Post sent my parcel to Thailand, instead of South Africa!

Latest post on 30 June 2015 - 15:52

Hi,

I sent a parcel on June 3rd that was meant to arrive in South Africa within 2 weeks. When it hadn't arrived by week 3, I decided to track it online. When I insert my tracking number two items pop up - one parcel (which is mine), indicates the date it was posted in Dubai, and the day it was dispatched to SA. After that there is no record of what happened to it.
I've been calling and calling the Emirates Post customer service, they seemed to have no idea where my parcel could have gone. I started to think that maybe it was stolen.

But there is a second mysterious parcel whose destination is Thailand. It has the same tracking number and has been popping up every time I key in my tracking number. Its origin is the UAE (like mine), it has the same tracking number as mine, but it does not indicate when it was posted. So I looked at the date that it arrived in Thailand and lo and behold it was 6 days after I posted my parcel. It was just too much coincidence for me, so I called Emirates Post customer services again and they finally admitted that the parcel in Thailand is in fact mine. It's been sitting in Thailand for a month and I had sent it via EMS (which means I paid more) to ensure that it arrived asap - I needed it to get to SA before me (I am traveling to SA in one week).

Now that I know where it is, how do I get it to move from Thailand to SA? The customer service personnel assured me they would call Thailand and ask them to send it to SA.They said there's not much that Emirates post can do now that it's outside the UAE. The best they can do is to ask Thailand to send it to SA. I'm sorry, but that is not good enough for me. It is their mistake after all! I'm wondering if there's someone that I should be talking to who will be more helpful than the Customer Service staff? No offense, but they seem to be clueless for the most part. Also I need to ensure that Emirates Post pays the bill for Thailand to send my parcel to SA as a matter of priority.

Ughhh... This is so frustrating! Any advice?

Latest post on 02 July 2015 - 18:44
go visit them and speak to someone in charge

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY