restaurant recommendation | ExpatWoman.com

restaurant recommendation

Latest post on 01 July 2015 - 17:23

Hello, i have some friends that are going to Dubai to visit, but its been a few years since i lived there so my suggestions might be outdated.. I have recommended they stay at the Atlantis, Dubai Mall for shopping, but where to go for a nice meal with some nice atmosphere and a nice brunch? They are in their mids 30... Thankful for any recommendations!

Latest post on 01 July 2015 - 18:07
I hate the crowds at the Atlantis! Have never found that place relaxing! As for restaurants, it really depends on what they're after and how much they want to spend. Obviously brunch is out of the question until after Ramadan, and there are plenty to choose from. Mina Salam, the Westin and Jumeirah Beach Hotel all have popular Friday brunches. If they're willing to spend a bit, at.mosphere at the Burj Khalifa is unbeatable for the views and the food is pretty good too. Otherwise there are loads of restaurants around the Dubai Fountain. Perhaps you can suggest they do a search on the Time Out website and narrow it down using the search tool, depending on what they want.
Latest post on 01 July 2015 - 17:36
Anywhere but the Atlantis!!
Latest post on 01 July 2015 - 17:29
Agree, Atlantis is terrible. I'd choose the Waldorf over Atlantis any day.
Latest post on 01 July 2015 - 17:27
It depends what sort of holiday they are after but personally Atlantis would be at the bottom of my list! I just find it too busy/brash. There are soooo many other lovely hotels in Dubai, nice views, relaxing etc. They can always do a rowdier brunch but stay somewhere peaceful and relaxing. Or are they after a lively holiday? For nice meals somewhere at Souk Al Bahar would be good for atmosphere/evening.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY