Cat Psychologist | ExpatWoman.com

Cat Psychologist

Latest post on 02 July 2015 - 15:01

Does anyone know of a cat psychologist here in Dubai?

TIA

Latest post on 08 July 2015 - 13:02
Have you watched the program "My Cat From ****" on Animal Planet with Jackson Galaxy? He's also known as the Cat Whisperer. There's clips of him on Youtube too- he shows that with cats it's all about territory and with 3 cats in the territory it's going to be a problem... have a Google for his advice on what to do- sometimes a few simple changes like putting up escape shelves can make a massive difference :) HTH
Latest post on 08 July 2015 - 12:16
Thank you everyone for your kind words :) Looking back, I suppose I did use the wrong word but my animals are important to me. We have moved to two different countries since adopting her 5 years ago, we also adopted 3 other cats and of course they came with us. The last place we lived she really became a friendly cat, she was so lovely. Since moving back to Dubai she has again become very anti-social. We adopted a kitten around 8 weeks ago and she has gotten worse. We did it all by the book, nice and slowly, letting my others into the kittens room to get her scent etc..., she just will not accept her. She is now aggressive to my others, she goes off and doesn't come back for days no matter what I do. I have now had to keep her in and she is clearly very unhappy. I am now at a loss! I just don't know what to do to make her calm down. I give her loads of love and attention, more than the others, but it isn't making the slightest difference! I am going to ring the person that was suggested to see if she can help! Or if anyone out there maybe has been through the same and could give me some advice I would be very grateful?
Latest post on 05 July 2015 - 06:44
Thank you for those that have helped, I will get in touch with them and see what they suggest. For those that have made fun of me, one of my cats is having major problems and no kind of food will help. It is affecting my other cats and ourselves as well. I have tried everything I can think of and what the vet has suggested but with no success. I happen to love my animals and want them all to be happy. If doing something out of the norm helps that to happen, then so be it! What major problems does your cat have? You have a multi cat household? Is one cat being more aggressive to the others?
Latest post on 04 July 2015 - 20:57
Good on you Buttercup, hope you get the help you need. Nomad, you're my kind of person.
Latest post on 04 July 2015 - 18:04
I think to be fair to Buttercup, I think she has just chosen the wrong word, I think she is look for an animal behaviourist, rather than a specific "cat psychologist". And if her cat is having behaviour problems, especially if they are causing problems for other animals and the humans in the house, then getting advice from an animal behaviourist is a good, and caring idea. No-one would bat an eyelid if she was asking for help with the behaviour of her child or dog, so what's the difference? Exactly. Some posters seem to have a go when it comes to issues regarding people and their passion for animals. To OP hope you can source some help, your commitment to your cat speaks volumes. Maybe I am wrong but I tend to judge people on how they treat animals.
Latest post on 04 July 2015 - 16:19
Thank you for those that have helped, I will get in touch with them and see what they suggest. For those that have made fun of me, one of my cats is having major problems and no kind of food will help. It is affecting my other cats and ourselves as well. I have tried everything I can think of and what the vet has suggested but with no success. I happen to love my animals and want them all to be happy. If doing something out of the norm helps that to happen, then so be it! Well in that case I hope you get the help you are looking for. Only laughed as on this forum you get some weird pretentious people but I can see you are not one of those. Hope your cat get better really. :)
Latest post on 04 July 2015 - 12:04
I think to be fair to Buttercup, I think she has just chosen the wrong word, I think she is look for an animal behaviourist, rather than a specific "cat psychologist". And if her cat is having behaviour problems, especially if they are causing problems for other animals and the humans in the house, then getting advice from an animal behaviourist is a good, and caring idea. No-one would bat an eyelid if she was asking for help with the behaviour of her child or dog, so what's the difference?
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 04 July 2015 - 11:51
Sense does animal assisted therapy for people, not for animals themselves. I would ask to join the Bin Kitty Collective group on FB and ask there, I am sure someone will know there. I must have misunderstood what they do. They are really good at animal assisted therapy, I have seen them work. They have dogs, birds and bunnies, kids play and interact with them. Particularly good for children with special needs.
Latest post on 04 July 2015 - 10:28
Thank you for those that have helped, I will get in touch with them and see what they suggest. For those that have made fun of me, one of my cats is having major problems and no kind of food will help. It is affecting my other cats and ourselves as well. I have tried everything I can think of and what the vet has suggested but with no success. I happen to love my animals and want them all to be happy. If doing something out of the norm helps that to happen, then so be it!
Latest post on 04 July 2015 - 09:29
Sense does animal assisted therapy for people, not for animals themselves. I would ask to join the Bin Kitty Collective group on FB and ask there, I am sure someone will know there. I must have misunderstood what they do.
Latest post on 04 July 2015 - 07:46
Cat Psychologist?!! WTH! Now I have seen it all. :lol: Give the cat a can of Fancy Feast cat food. Problem solved.
Latest post on 03 July 2015 - 22:50
If you are looking for someone to guide you in sorting some issues your cat might have call Umm Suqeim Vets and ask for Marilyn. She has greatly helped us with our cat's issues.
Latest post on 03 July 2015 - 12:52
What could you possibly need a cat psychologist for? Do they have problems that a bit of tuna can't fix?
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 03 July 2015 - 11:58
Sense does animal assisted therapy for people, not for animals themselves. I would ask to join the Bin Kitty Collective group on FB and ask there, I am sure someone will know there.
Latest post on 03 July 2015 - 11:14
Maybe this place could help. http://www.sense.ae/ I haven't tried them.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY