Advice please | ExpatWoman.com

Advice please

Latest post on 04 July 2015 - 10:31

After years of paying rent and with increased rent costs I'm now looking to buy a property. I'm tired of living in an apartment building so looking to move to a small villa / townhouse as I live on my own. Can anyone help me on the following please:
1. Is Arabian Ranches still a good area to buy, given all the new communities coming up. I know it's down to personal choice and I'm not looking to make a huge profit margin when I sell but I'm looking for something that will hold its value. If you had a choice where would you buy?
2. A good real estate agent - not one that's simply looking to make a quick buck;
3. Good mortgage advisors who would be able to tell me about all the costs I'd incur and find me a good rate on a mortgage.

Sorry if this has all been asked before, or if the questions seem dumb but I'm on my own with no real help for advice so any help is appreciated. Thanks

Latest post on 05 July 2015 - 12:42
We used Home Matters to arrange our mortgage and were very happy with them. They walked us through the whole process. In fact, I wish we'd engaged them sooner as we agreed to one or two things in the MOU sale agreement that we could have avoided if we'd had their advice. Good luck with your purchase. We're absolutely thrilled that we took the leap and bought. FFx
Latest post on 05 July 2015 - 12:29
Thanks Rawla :) Has anyone else got any advice?
Latest post on 04 July 2015 - 13:01
IMHO, you've made a wise decision if you're planning to stay in Dubai long term :) To answer your questions: 1. Although I don't live there, to me AR is an excellent area to buy in. (Actually, I think any Emaar development in Dubai is a safe investment.) The community is established, the annual service fees are reasonable, access is much better, etc. Same goes for the Springs. I have also seen the 1 bedroom townhouses in Jumeirah Village Triangle. They're going for about Dhs 1.5 million and they're a decent size (1600 sq feet). Although you only one proper bedroom, the landing area upstairs is a good size and can be a study space with a futon for visitors. Whatever you decide to go for, think about the location first. It's the location that will determine the value of the property. A friend told me a long time ago to always buy the worst property in the best location :) That advice has worked for me! 2. As for the "mythical" good real estate agent... it seems to be a matter of personal experience and opinion. Most properties are listed with several agents, so find one that you are comfortable with. 3. Don't have much advice on mortgage advisors because I usually go with my bank directly. All the best with our house hunting!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY