Closing down dewa, banks etc | ExpatWoman.com

Closing down dewa, banks etc

Latest post on 06 July 2015 - 20:32
Looking at this issue It seems to be a common occurrence for telecom customers to be charged for services they have not used or have cancelled or for equipment they have returned. Take care to resolve any outstanding issues with them before leaving as unpaid bills even for services not used could result in complications. I just read of several similar cases reported to Gulf News complaints by people who had got nowhere trying to resolve this issue themselves. http://gulfnews.com/your-say/complaints/charged-over-and-above-1.1510082
Latest post on 04 July 2015 - 13:12
In my case I returned the decoder box to their head office at the time of closing the account and I have the original receipt of their repossession of it but they still messed up! Make sure you return the box and keep the receipt. Best of luck!
Latest post on 04 July 2015 - 13:05
Thank you Chezmoi Funny you say that about Etisalat as i cancelled this over a year ago, as i moved to a tower that was Du and they are still charging me 600dhs a month, because i didnt return the box back etc im going to cancel the bank account about 2 weeks before i leave last thing i want is all that looming over me
Latest post on 04 July 2015 - 12:47
To cancel a bank account you will need original passport and or ID, for Dewa and Etisalat and any rental contract copies were ok for me. The only nightmare I had was 6 months after closing and clearing all payments on my Etisalat elife subscription and phone account I received a call from their collection dept asking for the last six months elife payment. They obviously had not stopped their billing on the system, I got a call out of the blue telling me I owe them for services on a line that was disconnected over 6 months ago. Yet I have not received any sms over the last six months asking for any payment. Even though I have all the receipts and have sent them to Etisalat complaints I am still trying to make their collection dept understand it is a system error. And they are still threatening me over the phone with abusive calls. My advice is keep all receipts of all your final payments for ever when you leave Dubai.
Latest post on 04 July 2015 - 12:31
Im leaving Dubai end of August, with my visa being cancelled Aug 16th i will need to cancel bank accounts etc and dewa and all that as the ID will be cancelled also, they will accept passport copy etc. for ID has anyone has a nightmare with it all

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY