Flying a bicycle as checked baggage | ExpatWoman.com

Flying a bicycle as checked baggage

Latest post on 06 July 2015 - 13:12

Hello Ladies,

I'm hoping to take my bicycle with me on a flight next month & have been advised that I will need to pack it in a hard bag / case. As this will be a one way trip for the bike (I'll be coming back) I am wondering if anyone has one I might borrow please. My flights are mid - late August and I promise to take good care of it.

Hoping to hear from someone..:)

Latest post on 09 July 2015 - 19:37
Have taken two bikes to dxb within the last 6 months. Only thing is that both bikes were the foldable kind, and were just placed in a bike bag made of soft material. The first time we took a bike, was told at the check-in counter to take out the air on the bike wheels. Please remember to do this at home so it'll save you time at check-in or bag drop. Can't remember if the bike bags were tagged Fragile or just as Sports Equipment.
Latest post on 07 July 2015 - 10:50
Oh, thank you, that's great news, I rang the skywards team, so maybe I'll check at the airport..
Latest post on 06 July 2015 - 19:32
I enquired at check in about taking my bike , I was told that it can go as outsized baggage and best to get it wrapped up in that pink cling film stuff... They didn't mention anything about a case.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY