Wheelchair rentals in Dubai???? | ExpatWoman.com

Wheelchair rentals in Dubai????

Latest post on 26 January 2016 - 16:06
Hi... I am living here in Dubai. I have fractured my leg and going for surgery this Thursday. Would really like a wheelchair for a couple of months after my surgery so that I'm not stuck in my apartment. Everywhere I have rung seem so expensive...any ideas? Any kind soul have one I could borrow? Will return in amazing condition once finished. I need one with leg support for my right leg. Thanks!!
Latest post on 26 August 2015 - 18:04
Hi, you can also try this company Safe Mobility, they are pretty new at the Dubai Mall. They have manual and power wheelchairs for rent, They give the option to rent only within the Dubai and Outside the mall. They sell lots of useful stuff too like manual wheelchair, power wheelchair, ramps e.t.c i believe it is worth checking them out on www.safe-mobility.com I hope I was able to help!
Latest post on 23 July 2015 - 01:03
Aster pharmacies are also selling wheel chairs starting from 150 onwards. Call them up to confirm the branch where they are selling these wheel chairs.
Latest post on 23 July 2015 - 00:01
Hi, I rented an electric wheel chair last week when my parents were here for a short visit. They had a basic model of wheel chair on promotion also. One of my friend suggested they sell cheapest wheel chair-149 dhs. Its worth visiting that store.
Latest post on 11 July 2015 - 08:37
thanks Dally :)
Latest post on 08 July 2015 - 09:42
Sorry I don't as I didn't go it was the day after I had my op and didn't move from the sofa! DH went on his own. As it was a Friday morning not many of the shops were open so he didn't have a great choice. I think he haggled down to 800 aed it wasn't the cheapest model as mine needed the leg supports. There are quite a few disability aid shops there so shouldn't have a problem finding what you need. I can ask DH for more details when he gets in but can't promise he'll remember. He'd also looked at Life Pharmacy ( their big store on corner of Al Wasl Road ) as we'd been told they sell cheap wheelchairs and also rent them out. But when he went they had none to rent and ones to buy weren't what we were after but might be worth a look.
Latest post on 08 July 2015 - 09:21
Dally do you remember what store you got it from? and how much was it? thanks :)
Latest post on 07 July 2015 - 19:43
Got the complete set of every series of 24 to get through ?
Latest post on 07 July 2015 - 19:36
oh no, well perfect excuse to put your feet up and let everyone run around after you. Get the box sets out! Take care x
Latest post on 07 July 2015 - 19:34
Ah thanks CP! Nothing to do with my previous dramas thank you. Had knee surgery and was totally non weight bearing for 5 weeks and wasn't very good on crutches so ended up being pushed around in style. Only bother now is I've totally bu**ered up my other knee with it taking all the strain so back to square one! ?
Latest post on 07 July 2015 - 19:28
Hope you are ok, Dally? x
Latest post on 07 July 2015 - 19:18
I bought a one from dragon mart recently, this was actually cheaper than renting one.
Latest post on 07 July 2015 - 14:44
You could also buy one from DUbizzle and sell it again afterwards
Latest post on 07 July 2015 - 14:11
Try Life Pharmacy. There's one on Al Wasl Road and one on Um Suqeim Street
Latest post on 07 July 2015 - 13:50
I have an elderly visitor coming to Dubai and was wondering if there is any place in Dubai that rents wheelchairs either on a daily basis or a weekly basis? I need it for 10days. Thanks :)

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY