Ginnee - Not going to forgive you... (Ver 2) | ExpatWoman.com

Ginnee - Not going to forgive you... (Ver 2)

Latest post on 16 July 2015 - 13:36
Thank you darlings - I've been very busy lately with work and finishing my dissertation, which I hope to hand in completed by the end of august. I do experiment a lot with sweets because I have a very sweet tooth and sometimes when there is nothing in my pockets and nothing in the cupboards i turn to experimentation. Here's one: Lebanese bread - split it - right side up - smother it to the edges in butter. Then sprinkle it with lots of brown sugar mixed with cinnamon. And stick it under the grill. this is a very naughty snack. I guess you could break this up over ice cream. Snack two with lebanese bread. For those who know how to roll a lebanese sandwich. split it. smother the wrong side of it with butter. sprinkle it with sugar. then thinly sliced apple. sprinkle again with lots of sugar. roll up, then brush it with butter and sprinkle [i'>again[/i'> with sugar and slow bake it so the apple bakes nicely and the butter and sugar caramelise. You can also use your caramel you've made to serve this with ice cream naughty-naughty I know :biggrin: I guess you could use other fruits in this as well like peaches etc,
Latest post on 16 July 2015 - 13:33
Thank you darlings - I've been very busy lately with work and finishing my dissertation, which I hope to hand in completed by the end of august. I do experiment a lot with sweets because I have a very sweet tooth and sometimes when there is nothing in my pockets and nothing in the cupboards i turn to experimentation. Here's one: Lebanese bread - split it - right side up - smother it to the edges in butter. Then sprinkle it with lots of brown sugar mixed with cinnamon. And stick it under the grill. this is a very naughty snack. I guess you could break this up over ice cream. Snack two with lebanese bread. For those who know how to roll a lebanese sandwich. split it. smother the wrong side of it with butter. sprinkle it with sugar. then thinly sliced apple. sprinkle again with lots of sugar. roll up, then brush it with butter and sprinkle [i'>again[/i'> with sugar and slow bake it so the apple bakes nicely and the butter and sugar caramelise. You can also use your caramel you've made to serve this with ice cream naughty-naughty I know :biggrin:
Latest post on 15 July 2015 - 23:01
Ginnee another big, HUGE fan of your recipe, so is my family! Thank you a million. Miss seeing your posts on EW.
Latest post on 15 July 2015 - 22:50
Sounds yummy! Thanks, Ginnee :) You are really kind to indulge our sweet tooth, with a healthy twist too using the banana ;) Will add this to my weekend menu for dessert. Feel free to get up to more mischief in the kitchen and share the recipes with us, please :)
Latest post on 15 July 2015 - 13:52
... If you don't share another one of your delicious but easy dessert recipes with us this Ramadan! ;) The Umm Ali recipe you generously shared with us in 2013 is still a hit at my place. Any more you wouldn't mind revealing? Thank you :) *mouth watering in anticipation* Rawla et al you're really too kind {blush} :biggrin: hmmm an easy recipe? not as decadent and easy and impressive as this one I'm afraid. I'm always sorely disappointed whenever I try Umm Ali at any restaurant, however expensive it is or how many stars it carries after eating from this recipe. Easy recipies.... some I like are very home style recipes, like slicing bananas thickly lengthwise - setting aside and putting white sugar into the bottom of a frying pan - level it out - and wait till it all melts and goes brown - don't stir, (watch, it's very quick) just move the pan around. As soon as it goes brown BEFORE it burns turn the heat down and add cream to it - stand back in case it spits - and then start stirring till the caramelized sugar has all dissolved and the cream reduces. You have now made caramel sauce to go with your bananas. Get your sliced bananas and put some butter in a frying pan, sprinkle some sugar over the butter and put the bananas in, then sprinkle some sugar on the up side of the banana and flip it when you feel it has browned nicely on the bottom. When you feel it's nicely browned, take the bananas out then you can put some cream in the bottom of the frying pan to scrape up some of the sugar. You can serve this with vanilla ice cream and the caramel sauce, maybe buy a cadbury flake and break it up for some decoration over the icecream. Stuff like that, I get up to all sorts of mischief in the kitchen. I also make desserts using white lebanese bread, butter, sugar and cinnamon :party:
Latest post on 14 July 2015 - 15:23
This sounds delicious, and very easy to make! Do you serve it with anything else? Cream, vanilla ice cream? Ooooooh no. You just need to savour it on it's own :biggrin:
Latest post on 14 July 2015 - 15:23
This sounds delicious, and very easy to make! Do you serve it with anything else? Cream, vanilla ice cream?
Latest post on 14 July 2015 - 11:32
Aww I can't believe this looks simple to make compared to the ones I have been googling! Definitely making this as soon as possible! Thanks for sharing! :D Not only simple but delicious too. My family is really fond of this recipe since it is posted by Ginnee in 2013. ( Ahh after a long time I am posting due to very busy schedule but cannot resist to post for this thread) Love you Ginnee
Latest post on 07 July 2015 - 14:48
Aww I can't believe this looks simple to make compared to the ones I have been googling! Definitely making this as soon as possible! Thanks for sharing! :D
Latest post on 07 July 2015 - 14:19
THE Umm Ali recipe courtesy of the lovely Ginnee: [url=http://www.expatwoman.com/forum/topic185447-umm-ali-recipe.aspx'>link[/url'>
Latest post on 07 July 2015 - 14:14
Oooh, do share umm ali recipe please! My husband's favorite but still haven't tried making it at home.
Latest post on 07 July 2015 - 14:12
... If you don't share another one of your delicious but easy dessert recipes with us this Ramadan! ;) The Umm Ali recipe you generously shared with us in 2013 is still a hit at my place. Any more you wouldn't mind revealing? Thank you :) *mouth watering in anticipation*

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY