Termination and rights | ExpatWoman.com

Termination and rights

Latest post on 08 July 2015 - 08:37

Maybe someone could give me advise.

Yesterday my HR called me in and told me due the staff shortening in my company they won't need my services any more. My notice period expires exactly 4 days before completing my one year. Now I can see what I am entiteled to if I complete one year but what are my rights if my contract ends before one year? Or is that a loophole so they get away with no obligations towards me? :angry:

Latest post on 08 July 2015 - 14:21
Maybe someone could give me advise. Yesterday my HR called me in and told me due the staff shortening in my company they won't need my services any more. My notice period expires exactly 4 days before completing my one year. Now I can see what I am entiteled to if I complete one year but what are my rights if my contract ends before one year? Or is that a loophole so they get away with no obligations towards me? :angry: Every Sunday on dubai eye 103.8 they do legal q&a with a lawyer from 1 to 2 pm. They start receiving questions from listeners from 12 noon. May be send in your question there for a professional advice. Check their website for details
Latest post on 08 July 2015 - 14:11
Maybe someone could give me advise. Yesterday my HR called me in and told me due the staff shortening in my company they won't need my services any more. My notice period expires exactly 4 days before completing my one year. Now I can see what I am entiteled to if I complete one year but what are my rights if my contract ends before one year? Or is that a loophole so they get away with no obligations towards me? :angry: If it is outside the probationary then usually 30 days notice is given from either parties however this is negotiable based on the circumastances. Gratuity is not payable under after 12 months of service. Usually you have to complete a minimum of 12 months to qualify for gratuity Call the MOL
Latest post on 08 July 2015 - 13:55
Ask at the ministry of Labour or write to the National newspaper advice section.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY