Palm Jumeirah Residents Help... | ExpatWoman.com

Palm Jumeirah Residents Help...

Latest post on 26 July 2015 - 19:34

Looking to move within the next 4 weeks and just been looking online at the apartments on the Palm Jumeirah, but does anyone know what the rules are regarding access to the beach clubs? I know some years ago you used to get free access but then there was a lot of trouble with the landlords not paying the yearly fees and new tenants were left angry at being promised this but never receiving it!

Anyone know the current situation with this? :cool:

Latest post on 28 July 2015 - 17:17
Thank you so much for your responses! :) Have a great day!!
Latest post on 28 July 2015 - 16:42
We have had issues with smells in our apartment but it was and i quote "because something is missing in the drain", which must be the technical term for they didnt know. They fixed it eventually, both Golden Mile and Fairmont Residences also have issues with AC drainage which blocks and overflows and eventually leads to a leaky roof. The other issues in these buildings are cracks in the walls, ours is bad and we have had it repeatedly fixed but they come back. Your daughter should be [b'>very[/b'> aware that if she is facing the road and there are vacant plots that it is likely they will be constructed on and the construction is 24/7. Park facing seem to be more desirable than road facing although some have water views, which is reflected in the price. Parking can be a challenge if you have more than one car, most apartments whether one, two or three bedroom come with 1 car space, unless the owners purchased an additional one initially but you can lease one from IFA for a large fee. Guest parking is either street or available at a lower level. Pools and guy I doubt will be available to residents for a while, we have been waiting 5 years and the pools do have water in them but access isnt available. GM are currently managed by IFA, they are excellent for concierge services and they maintain the properties to a high standard, if they change management we will leave. The apartments are large and the walk in robe is awesome, I have managed to well and truly fill it, next step is to evict DH from it and I will be a happy girl.
Latest post on 28 July 2015 - 16:23
The size of the apartments are what tempted me. As far as the pools go, I'm not aware of any open at all and that is a big bugbear for me. You can purchase day beach passes to the Fairmont hotel, these are AED 200 in the week and AED 250 on the weekend, you can also purchase 3 month and annual, but to be honest, the cost of these far outweigh the cost of buying daily passes on the times I do go there. I have been quite a lot, but they change their policies constantly (quelle surprise) and now don't even give you water as part of the pass. I also looked into club membership at Riva Beach club in Shoreline, they offered an annual cost of AED11,000 for couples membership (which also has gym access included). They have a summer offer on at the moment that is AED 100 for the day (inc weekends) and this is redeemable against F&B, so quite a good deal. As for quality, smells etc, I certainly haven't noticed anything untoward, the facilities management seem to be quite good. HTH
Latest post on 28 July 2015 - 16:11
Hi ladies! I hope you're all well and enjoying the summer :) I wanted to post a thread in regards of the pools in Golden Mile but found this one instead. So no pools are open at all in all of Golden Mile? I heard from a broker that some pools were open, i.e. in some of the buildings but it seems it's the good old "decent and honest" broker talking again.. Haha. My daughter is looking into moving and after being unable to find something she likes in the Marina she started looking at Golden Miles because of the size (however, hasen't seen it in person just yet). Do you have any input on the actual apartments, i.e. bad smell? Leakages? Quality? Do you have any availability to the pools? Any nearby beach club you can buy access pass to at a discounted rate? Thanks a million in advance! :)
Latest post on 28 July 2015 - 15:54
;) thats why there is "apparently" going to be beverages up your end. Mind you, I dont really trust the rumour mill on the Palm, but its alway good for some gossip.
Latest post on 28 July 2015 - 15:40
Building One, scheduled for September opening. There are a few shops nearly ready to go, a surf shop, gelato and a coffee shop. If you are at the other end, you guys get the good restaurants and I know for sure that wagamummas (? spelling) and also little shakespeares will be going in. Finally some decent dining options! Oh, and if rumours are correct you should be able to get some "beverages" at your end. Yep other end. Mind you, on the 'beverages' front, we have Fairmont opposite, so not too much of a problem as it were ;)
Latest post on 28 July 2015 - 15:34
Building One, scheduled for September opening. There are a few shops nearly ready to go, a surf shop, gelato and a coffee shop. If you are at the other end, you guys get the good restaurants and I know for sure that wagamummas (? spelling) and also little shakespeares will be going in. Finally some decent dining options! Oh, and if rumours are correct you should be able to get some "beverages" at your end.
Latest post on 28 July 2015 - 15:11
I know! At least Spinneys will be open shortly. The shelving arrived this week and I'm having fun being nosey when I walk the dog! Is it???? Oooh, which building is that going to be in? Probably the other end from me, I'm in a cynical mood today, ha ha.
Latest post on 28 July 2015 - 15:01
I know! At least Spinneys will be open shortly. The shelving arrived this week and I'm having fun being nosey when I walk the dog!
Latest post on 28 July 2015 - 14:48
S*ds Law :angry:
Latest post on 28 July 2015 - 14:32
There is no unpaid access to any beach clubs if you live in Golden Mile and the pools are still not open yet! Moved in 8 months ago with the promise they would be opening 'soon', still nothing and no clue from any of the staff :cry: We have been waiting 5 years and its not likely to be free when they do open it. Apparently there is a gym going in and it will have the pool rights so if you want to use the pool you will have to join the gym!
Latest post on 28 July 2015 - 13:17
There is no unpaid access to any beach clubs if you live in Golden Mile and the pools are still not open yet! Moved in 8 months ago with the promise they would be opening 'soon', still nothing and no clue from any of the staff :cry:
Latest post on 28 July 2015 - 12:08
Landlord must have cleared all services fee...only in this case he can get the access card to the beach club...which can be used by the tenant..

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY