Hairfall | ExpatWoman.com

Hairfall

Latest post on 27 July 2015 - 11:23

Hi, I have recently moved to Dubai from India Mumbai. Its been a month& i have lost half the volume of my hair. I am feeling very depressed and concerned. I have been told its coz of the water here.
Can some one pls suggest how to take care of my hair & stop the hair fall.

Latest post on 27 July 2015 - 19:17
Hi, I have recently moved to Dubai from India Mumbai. Its been a month& i have lost half the volume of my hair. I am feeling very depressed and concerned. I have been told its coz of the water here. Can some one pls suggest how to take care of my hair & stop the hair fall. I have been here almost two months now. I have the same problems with failing hair. I thought it was to do with the desalinated water. Anyway, my husband has just had a filter put in. I can tell the difference in the water immediately. We got the filter from United Pharmacy in the Mall of the Emirates. From Day One, I have been boiling the water, cool down and drinking it. Maybe I will get used to the taste. Hope you will have the filter change pretty soon. Now that I am on-line, I just want to say 'thank you' to the two ladies for which part of town to reside in temporarily before we arrived in Dubai. Either Dubai Marina or Jumeriah. My apologies for the belated thank you.
Latest post on 27 July 2015 - 18:40
Agree with all these ladies. I would have issues with hair fall on and off for years here. Then I went a spurt with almost none...only to be back to gobs falling out lately. For some, such as it is for me, it is simply a matter of dryness. My hair doesn't fall out from the root, but breaks in the middle or lower part of the hair shaft. You'll be able to tell if you look at the hair and see the root particle (can't think of the proper term) still attached. If that is the case, your hair fall might be caused by stress, lack of vitamins, or hormones changing. I try and keep my ends trimmed regularly and deep condition at every chance. I also have wavy hair, and in the really hot months, I do my best not to style it wavy where it can tangle, intertwine, and break. This might sound contradictory, but what also helps me is to comb it out after I sweat from exercise (again so it doesn't mat and pull) and I wash it more often to keep it tangle free. You'll have to determine what kind of fall it is then experiment with a regular care regimen. Good luck x
Latest post on 27 July 2015 - 13:51
I used to lose a lot here and as my hair is fine it was awful As the other ladies recommended buy a filter, avoid shop bought run of the mill shampoos as they are full of soap, buy decent quality shampoo and conditioner. I only wash my hair twice a week and use dry shampoo in between. I try to keep my hair covered when in the sun and if I swim in the pool I rinse my hair off once I get out , I rarely use the hairdryer and other heat styling equipment Diet can also play a big part. A friend of mine who is a hairdresser swears by biotin capsules however I am not convinced My hair is the same in the UK where the water isn't desalinated so I wonder if it has to do with my age. Even when living there I lost a lot of hair and would find it everywhere Good Luck
Latest post on 27 July 2015 - 13:43
I think a lot of us have the "BLU" shower head you can buy at most pharmacies
Latest post on 27 July 2015 - 13:22
Thank you, can u pls suggest a good shower filter -( company)
Latest post on 27 July 2015 - 11:51
Get a shower filter to help take the chemicals out the water. They're brilliant and make such a difference.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY