Please take a kitten | ExpatWoman.com

Please take a kitten

Latest post on 27 July 2015 - 17:45

Hello everyone. There are 3 gorgeous kittens outside my house. They are very tame and very cuddly and totally gorgeous - white and grey with smooth velvet fur. Their mother is an Arabian Mau street cat. I leave for a month's holiday on Thursday and I can find no-one who wants to adopt any of these kittens. Feline Friends say they are overloaded. The vets I have contacted aren't interested because they say there are too many stray cats.

I live in Satwa and these kittens will surely die in the heat or be killed if left to fend for themselves.

Are there any kind hearted ladies out there who would like a cuddly friend? They really are gorgeous. They purr when you pick them up.

I will pay for all vaccinations etc.

Please help. If you are interested, please respond and I will post my contact details.

Latest post on 28 July 2015 - 20:23
Thanks Nomad. This is helpful. I will do this. Is this the season when lots of kittens are born? Someone suggested I should, for their sake, get them put down. But I just can't do it. How do other people manage to find adoptive parents for cats? Is it just hard work and luck? Will certainly arrange to have mother sterilised. If I can catch her. She is totally feral - hisses, spits, lashes out if I go anywhere near her. As soon as the kittens are in dependant of Mom get her fixed. Any one of the rescue organizations will help with the TNR program, some vets even give discounts. Trap Neuter and Release helps to control the street cat population and the cats still perform a valuable service by keeping the vermin under control. Hopefully when you get back you can home the little ones, they can be fixed at about six months. By taking control of this little family you are making a HUGE difference in their lives and making a dent in overpopulation in your area. All the best. :)
Latest post on 28 July 2015 - 12:22
Hi Frenchbulldog1, If you add some pictures and information to our free classifieds here: http://www.expatwoman.com/dubai/monthly_classifieds.aspx -- we'll be able to promote your ad to help find the kitties a home! EW Admin
Latest post on 28 July 2015 - 12:00
I cant help at all but I just wanted to say what a lovely thing you are doing. Try the Bin Kitty" group - maybe someone can help
Latest post on 28 July 2015 - 11:58
Thanks Nomad. This is helpful. I will do this. Is this the season when lots of kittens are born? Someone suggested I should, for their sake, get them put down. But I just can't do it. How do other people manage to find adoptive parents for cats? Is it just hard work and luck? Will certainly arrange to have mother sterilised. If I can catch her. She is totally feral - hisses, spits, lashes out if I go anywhere near her.
Latest post on 27 July 2015 - 18:29
I would try and make an arrangement / pay for a neighbour or friend to take over feeding/watering duties while you are away. With summer and the kitten season the chances of adoption are pretty slim right now. Once you get back have them and mom sterilized,with the help of one of the cat welfare organizations, then work on getting them homed. A good rule of thumb is to not make street cats completely reliant on humans, when feeding don't do it every day .This encourages them to " bin dive " on the days you don't feed, and of course rule no 1 get them sterilized.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY