Night terrors - psychic, hypnotist, alternative medicine | ExpatWoman.com

Night terrors - psychic, hypnotist, alternative medicine

Latest post on 27 July 2015 - 18:24

Hello,

I have been suffering from night terrors for a few years now: almost every night, sometimes even several times, I wake up frightened, having a feeling that someone is in the room or trying to get in. My heart is beating like crazy, I sweat and I am terrified.
I have spoken to psychologists trying to identify the reason, doctors and I have been to psychics. Nothing seems to help me, at least not in the long run.
Does anyone knows anything or anyone that could help me? By now, I am open to every single suggestion and I am prepared to try whatever it takes to get my peaceful sleep back :/

Thank you in advance!

Latest post on 30 July 2015 - 00:44
Hello, I have been suffering from night terrors for a few years now: almost every night, sometimes even several times, I wake up frightened, having a feeling that someone is in the room or trying to get in. My heart is beating like crazy, I sweat and I am terrified. I have spoken to psychologists trying to identify the reason, doctors and I have been to psychics. Nothing seems to help me, at least not in the long run. Does anyone knows anything or anyone that could help me? By now, I am open to every single suggestion and I am prepared to try whatever it takes to get my peaceful sleep back :/ Thank you in advance! I have suffered with nights terrors from a very early age so I truly do feel your pain. It is the most frightening experience and no amount explaining can make anyone understand the deep fear and trauma you feel during those moments unless they have experienced it first hand. I have tried almost everything and eventually just told myself it would be with me forever and just got to get on with it really. Then something very peculiar happened, my husband developed a snoring problem and I started to wear ear plugs (being such a light sleeper already, his new snoring issue really was not helping matters) and my husband started to notice my night terrors stopping almost instantly with the use of ear plugs. I then started to feel like I was finally sleeping! Like a full night of uninterrupted sleep. It's been pure bless and I haven't had an episode for almost 5 months. I have never gone 5 months without having even a slight terror moment. It's worth a try and Boots have a great selection of sleeping ear plugs which are dirt cheap! Good luck and sweet dreams (hopefully!).
Latest post on 28 July 2015 - 16:13
Might be menopause? One can wake up in blind panic and on fire. Or a reaction to past events. I really hope not! My night terrors started at the age of 24, I am 29 now and planning to have a baby or two in the future ;)
Latest post on 28 July 2015 - 16:11
Hi Kira sorry to hear your dealing with with - great suggestions made by the other ladies. Also, never underestimate what a dodgy thyroid can do to you, might be worth having it checked just as a process of elimination (TSH, FT3, FT4). Hope you manage to get to the bottom of things and are back to your old self soon. Thank you, will add that on my list too! I wish I asked for your opinions earlier.. Anyways, will keep you updated ?
Latest post on 28 July 2015 - 14:22
Might be menopause? One can wake up in blind panic and on fire. Or a reaction to past events.
Latest post on 28 July 2015 - 12:58
Hi Kira sorry to hear your dealing with with - great suggestions made by the other ladies. Also, never underestimate what a dodgy thyroid can do to you, might be worth having it checked just as a process of elimination (TSH, FT3, FT4). Hope you manage to get to the bottom of things and are back to your old self soon.
Latest post on 28 July 2015 - 12:41
I never thought of it, but sometimes I wake up with a spliting pain in my ears and it might be the sign of me grinding my teeth. I will definitely call the dentist and inquire about it. Thanks ladies :)
Latest post on 28 July 2015 - 08:25
Thank you Nomad! I will definitely check with the dentist. It interesting how everything in our body is connected.. Do you grind you teeth? If you do and you suffer from jaw tension it could be causing this. I would definitely get this checked as I have a friend who could sleep because of the tmj problems. maybe it associated. i sent her to see my dentist who is excellent with this. dr chris johansson at dr michaels on al wasl road. have you maybe thought of trying acupuncture? can work wonders for stress and anxiety.
Latest post on 28 July 2015 - 08:01
Thank you Nomad! I will definitely check with the dentist. It interesting how everything in our body is connected.. Yes it certainly is......I really sympathize as I remember the terrifying cries from our precious baby but thank goodness things have settled down. We are waiting to see once his milk teeth fall out if the terrors start again. Grinding and clenching your teeth while sleeping can have a number of negative effects on your health . Hope you can get to the bottom of the Night Terrors, keep us posted.:)
Latest post on 28 July 2015 - 07:49
Thank you Nomad! I will definitely check with the dentist. It interesting how everything in our body is connected..
Latest post on 27 July 2015 - 20:01
My grandson suffered extreme night terrors, after much research my DIL was able to connect it to the activity of his molar teeth moving in and out during teething. While researching she found that some adults who have night terrors grind their teeth. Just a thought but maybe a trip to the dentist to look into teeth problems.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY