All the news about rents dropping? | ExpatWoman.com

All the news about rents dropping?

Latest post on 28 July 2015 - 15:30

Take it with a grain of salt - Sure its dropped a bit between quarter 1 and quarter 2 of 2015 but in fact, it's still up for the year as a whole ...

Latest post on 08 August 2015 - 17:27
Rents are softening slightly, nothing major. We looked at properties last year to move and we are moving this year and they seem to be about 5k cheaper a year, which isn't much at all...
Latest post on 08 August 2015 - 15:56
Is anyone searching in Mirdif right now, any tips? It looks like we're going to be looking for places in the peak times :/ My husband's visa is expected to be issued in the next week, so add another week to that for the iqaama and we won't be able to sign until late August.
Latest post on 02 August 2015 - 13:03
Yeah, sisterscott, we are in the same situation here. I asked about a property that had been advertised for 170k in The Springs, they just came back to me and said someone else offered them 200K. Whereabouts are you looking at? We are moving to JVC. Finally found a place that took what they advertised the price online! So frustrating!
Latest post on 31 July 2015 - 19:30
Rents are based on Rera rent calculator, not on what we read in the papers. I hardly believe the calculator will be changing any time soon.
Latest post on 31 July 2015 - 18:58
I thought so until we received our renewal notice with 5% increase.
Latest post on 31 July 2015 - 11:29
We've just moved from Mirdif to AlSafa and the villa in AlSafa was 20k less than advertised previously. The agent told us not to worry. Don't be bullied just stand your ground. Mudon has lovely villas for 170k so discuss with the LL. There are so many properties available now you will find what you want.
Latest post on 30 July 2015 - 22:56
From what I've seen, rents are actually down from 12 months ago - there has been so much new supply coming on the market, Russian demand has disappeared due to their weak currency and the $ has really strong.
Latest post on 30 July 2015 - 22:50
They were definitely lower in the last few months/weeks. Don't give in to their bullying. It's obviously in the estate agents' interest to keep the rents as high as possible as their commission is a percentage of the annual rent.
Latest post on 30 July 2015 - 22:46
Yeah, sisterscott, we are in the same situation here. I asked about a property that had been advertised for 170k in The Springs, they just came back to me and said someone else offered them 200K. Whereabouts are you looking at?
Latest post on 30 July 2015 - 07:28
We have been having a hard time finding a property the last week and a half. So our agent told us with all of the demand of expat families coming back in time for school starting that landlord are upping the prices listed for their properties. We made an offer on one in JVC that was listed for 175 and then they came back and asked for 200....that has apparently been the norm - and he says typically the prices go down in October when everyone is already here.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY