Six Month Stay Requirement to Sponsor? | ExpatWoman.com

Six Month Stay Requirement to Sponsor?

Latest post on 28 July 2015 - 22:10

Hello,

I am new to the forum and am planning to move to Doha next month for work. I will be coming with my two young children and my husband won't join us until a few months later, so I will need a live-in housekeeper/nanny urgently. I have read about the requirement that I be in Qatar for six months before I can sponsor anyone, but I saw on this forum that this may not apply to everyone - we are American. Is anyone sure of whether the requirement will apply to me? If it doesn't apply, any contacts for Filipina maids with childcare experience who are already in Doha and looking for a new family/sponsor would be most appreciated. If the requirement applies, are there any agencies that provide full time maids temporarily on their sponsorship? Thanks!

Latest post on 18 August 2015 - 00:51
Hi Babysoosoo, Thanks for your help and sorry I took so long to get back to you, I was traveling with bad internet but have just arrived in Doha. My email is noracundy at gmail dot com - would love to get your advice re the temp agency. Many thanks
Latest post on 30 July 2015 - 01:13
We r americans too i got my residency two weeks after my husband got his then two weeks later we got approval for a maid.. Apprently there are a temp agency wherebu can have a stay in maid intil your maid comes.. Its around 3800 riyals.. My friend got one for three months till she got hers.. If u need anything i am in the US for our summer vacation u can call me .. Just send me your email address and we can communicate..
Latest post on 29 July 2015 - 05:58
Very frustratingly it makes the settling in months really tough. It will depend the wasta of your company and the effectiveness of the PRO to whether you can bypass the 6 month rule. There are agency maids who can come fulltime but they are not allowed to live in. My employer suggests bringing a family member intially. Most nurseries do not have work friendly hours either so check carefully when applying .