DEWA - moving out | ExpatWoman.com

DEWA - moving out

Latest post on 29 July 2015 - 10:56

How quickly do they disconnect water/electricity after you request for the final bill?

Can we request it to be done on a day we want?

It's a first time we have to go through this so any advice/personal experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Latest post on 30 July 2015 - 12:59
When we left our villa we switched everything off at the mains and they sent us a bill dated the following day, which was one day after we had requested it.
Latest post on 30 July 2015 - 12:57
Thanks, ladies. good to know everything can be done online and we do not need to worry about going to their offices. For me it is very important to get them disconnect everything on a specific day, not day before or after, hence I was asking on here. We will have to plan around those 48hrs.
Latest post on 30 July 2015 - 11:30
I've recently done this as I moved from one villa to another. It is very easy to do online and you can specify a date. However, you will get a confirmation that the disconnection will be done within 48 hours of the requested date. Mine was actually disconnected 2 days after the date I requested but the villa was empty so it didn't matter. They will send you the final bill by email and will deduct your deposit. Any balance can then be paid online in the same way as monthly bills. Very easy indeed. I did the connection request for the new villa online also, including paying the deposit. I did not have to visit a DEWA office once for either transaction.
Latest post on 29 July 2015 - 11:03
Yes you can request it to be done on the day of your choice. If you are registered for an online account it's very easy to do.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY