peadiatric dentist for a baby | ExpatWoman.com

peadiatric dentist for a baby

Latest post on 29 July 2015 - 11:25

I recently learned that we are supposed to take our babies to the dentist when the first tooth erupts or latest by their first birthday. I'm just wondering if anyone has taken their babies to see a dentist here? How was the experience? I can't imagine the baby sitting still long enough for the dentist to have a look.

Also can anyone recommend a peadiatric dentist that has experience and is equipped to see a one year old.

TiA.

Latest post on 29 July 2015 - 12:56
I have taken my little boy to Nicolas and Asp when on his 1st birthday. I really could not remember the name of the dentist but he was ok. I now take my little boy to Dr Chantal at Dr Michael's. We've only met her once when my son turned 2 years old and she was fantastic. The clinic was also very child friendly and even had bicycles in the garden which my son loved while we wait for our turn. We had a wonderful consultation with her and have now booked for our second appointment with her.
Latest post on 29 July 2015 - 11:43
I recently learned that we are supposed to take our babies to the dentist when the first tooth erupts or latest by their first birthday. I'm just wondering if anyone has taken their babies to see a dentist here? How was the experience? I can't imagine the baby sitting still long enough for the dentist to have a look. Also can anyone recommend a peadiatric dentist that has experience and is equipped to see a one year old. TiA. We take our kids to dr Sundeep (he's a peadiatric dentist) at rosary medical center in springs but now the clinic has moved to downtown area..across the road from dubai mall and it's now called mosaic medical center. He is nice and friendly..very good with kids but I always took my kids for first visit when they turned 2. So I cannot comment how it would be with a younger baby. I reckon it should be fine..kids sit in parents lap and the check up is very quick ..in between lots of talking. Hope it helps.
Latest post on 29 July 2015 - 11:42
I recently learned that we are supposed to take our babies to the dentist when the first tooth erupts or latest by their first birthday. I'm just wondering if anyone has taken their babies to see a dentist here? How was the experience? I can't imagine the baby sitting still long enough for the dentist to have a look. Also can anyone recommend a peadiatric dentist that has experience and is equipped to see a one year old. TiA. Dr Chantal Kengo is excellent with babies and all children. They just love her. my daughter saw her when she was 1yrs and still does. at michael's pediatric dental clinic on al wasl road. she specializes in kids and babies only.
Latest post on 29 July 2015 - 11:32
Sorry I can't comment on what it's like out here, but when mine were babies I always took them with me every six months from being around one year old. My dentist just allowed them to sit on my knee while he was looking at my teeth and then he had a quick look at theirs just after. This went on for a number of years until they were used to him looking in their mouth and were able to sit in the chair themselves. He always said that you only needed a paediatric dentist if there were problems. I am sure if you have a regular dentist out here they will be more than happy to see you and your children.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY