HOTTTTT tap water, what to do???? | ExpatWoman.com

HOTTTTT tap water, what to do????

Latest post on 29 July 2015 - 11:34

I checked with many companies that install water chillers, they told me... It cants be done for apartments as water is coming from joint tank for whole building. I tried the "water heater" trick but even with that, water is "a$$" burning. Literally I use toilet papers now and not water. But for showers really can't help.... Any suggestions?

I normally fill one big bucket of water in night, that's sufficient for me to take shower next morning. Problem is with my husband, who needs at least 10 buckets to take shower, to shaves and for brushing his teeth. :\:

Latest post on 10 August 2015 - 13:06
Hi, as machch suggested: In summer is the "cold" tab hot, and the "hot" tab cold (if you keep the heater off) Bottom line: In summer RED = COLD, BLUE = HOT The "cold" water comes usually from the roof, outside or from maintenance room. Accordingly it is hot. The "hot" water comes from the water heater in your ceiling. Accordingly, if you keep the heater off, it has room temperature, which feels as shower or bath quite cold. The water from heater shall be enough to take 2-3 cold showers .... then it takes a few hours until the new water from outside cools down. Wish you a refreshing shower ...
Latest post on 04 August 2015 - 17:43
Have you tried using the using the 'hot' water tap (which is now turned off) instead of the cold? In our old apartment, the turned off hot tap was colder then the cold tap. Ha ha, hope this makes sense :-)
Latest post on 03 August 2015 - 11:34
None of these solutions are practical as a long term solution for the whole summer. If you live in sharjah it's a requirement that all buildings install a device to cool the water for the whole building. So if you are in sharjah clearly that device is not working. If you are in dubai surely your neighbours are experiencing the same problem maybe you could talk with some neighbours and all make a complaint about the water temperature to your building management. the suggestions are indeed not long term but bldg management oftentimes play deaf ears about maintenance especially if it's not a new bldg or you are not renewing. Not unless it's a collaborative effort from all the tenants which is a pain to go through as others seem don't care (culture of Dubai neighbors), so I personally suggested a much practical and resolution to the problem. Storing water in containers at home to cool water is a best bet on this situation.
Latest post on 03 August 2015 - 10:32
None of these solutions are practical as a long term solution for the whole summer. If you live in sharjah it's a requirement that all buildings install a device to cool the water for the whole building. So if you are in sharjah clearly that device is not working. If you are in dubai surely your neighbours are experiencing the same problem maybe you could talk with some neighbours and all make a complaint about the water temperature to your building management.
Latest post on 02 August 2015 - 17:05
It's really quite simple, just run a bath, wait till it cools down. Do it the night before, if you need water in the am, then just add hot. Fill the bath after you have done, repeat process.
Latest post on 02 August 2015 - 16:33
Just a suggestion and works well also, during summer esp you tend to eat icecreams , store the containers, fill water in them in the night so morning you have nice big ice cube and place it in the bucket , one container can be used one bucket.
Latest post on 02 August 2015 - 14:09
Agree with the other ladies. Buy a pail especially for the mum with the baby. I wash my delicate clothes by hand and in cool water by filling the tub halfway with water and leaving it there to cool. I need a pail too, the water is too hot even in the morning!
Latest post on 02 August 2015 - 13:07
Dude, i know. We leave the hot water heaters off all day and the water is still too hot to bathe my 6 month old. We're having to bathe him in bottled water! What a waste!
Latest post on 30 July 2015 - 13:51
You go buy water containers at supermarkets,around aed35 per piece. A pail or small drum container, fill it with water and let it cool down.
Latest post on 29 July 2015 - 12:09
So even if you turn your water heater off and leave it a day or so to cool, it's still hot? Yes FD, it's already turned off .... But water is same temperature. Cowboy, my husband has weird sleeping and working hrs... Early hours , mostly he is sleeping. He has to take showers mid of day or early evening. It's driving us nuts
Latest post on 29 July 2015 - 11:59
Have you tried early morning showers as opposed to afternoon and evening when the water hasn't had any time to cool down. It might make a slight difference.
Latest post on 29 July 2015 - 11:42
So even if you turn your water heater off and leave it a day or so to cool, it's still hot?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY