Something different ... | ExpatWoman.com

Something different ...

Latest post on 30 July 2015 - 12:38
I would love to join but seems like all the mornings are in the middle of the week, so not possible for working people. Evening sounds great, will go to the next one when I am not on vacation :) thanks all
Latest post on 30 July 2015 - 12:03
Hi brakardvarg, You are welcome to come along to our popular coffee mornings at different places across Dubai. You can find all of the details here: http://www.expatwoman.com/dubai/monthly_events_whats_on.aspx#CoffeeMorning We have one in Festival City that may be close enough for you to get to from Downtown Dubai? We also have an evening out with EW every month... The next one is August 5th at Emirates Golf Club from 6pm to 8pm, which you are more than welcome to come along to as well :) Hope to see you soon! EW Admin
Latest post on 30 July 2015 - 10:53
Sounds amazing Goldielocks!
Latest post on 30 July 2015 - 10:05
Thanks for the replies ladies. I will try looking into it and see what I can find :) Rosie_ wish you stayed closer then we could have met up! Sometimes it is just really hard to find friends or normal and honest people in this city, drivers you insane :confused:
Latest post on 30 July 2015 - 07:26
I haven't seen one place with alcohol and I've been here for almost two weeks! Where can you get alcohol! lol
Latest post on 29 July 2015 - 14:42
I forgot to add that I attended a few Silver/jewelry making courses recently that were good fun. http://www.dssilversmith.com/page2/index.html There are regular courses but i work during the week so went to a couple of one off workshops on a Saturday.
Latest post on 29 July 2015 - 14:28
Have you looked at the Dubai websites? There are loads of groups you could join to meet people with similar interests. If you are a member of gym maybe you could join one of the running clubs or something similar such as climbing wall groups, ski dubai groups etc or what about a rowing, sailing, paddling club or checking out the outdoor stuff at Kite Surfing beach. For something a little more sedate I know there are book/reading groups who meet up at coffee houses or each others homes in the evenings or weekends.
Latest post on 29 July 2015 - 14:12
Good afternoon all beautiful ladies out there. Been willing to post for a while, and reading other threads daily now it is my turn to post. I guess there are many more in my situation out there, working/gym/eat/sleep and that is it. I can honestly tell you my work does not give me any kind of satisfaction as I am doing absolutely nothing 9 hours every day (reception work). After work I usually go to the gym and that is it. Biggest part of my friends circle are all still single and you might know what that means. Clubbing, brunching, ladies night, bars.. well you know something that includes alcohol of food. Which I am getting sooo tired of. It seems like everything here is either surrounded by alcohol or food, and I would love to do something else for once. Some kind of hobby, activity or what so ever to meet other people and be active after sitting on my a** all day ;) Don't get me wrong, i also enjoy a great night out and some lovely food, but there must be so many other things to do here in Dubai, I just don't know what. So what I am basically asking is which kind of activities are there around the city? I live in Down town Dubai (it takes me 20 min to reach home from work) so if there are any evening activities around the area, suggest anything! I am dying of boredom :) Also during weekend, husband is usually working weekends so I need to get out and do stuff.. All help appreciated! xo Why dont you study something? So, you can do a job one day that you really enjoy.
Latest post on 29 July 2015 - 13:20
Hi Brakardvarg, I hear you, i'm in the exact same situation but in Abu Dhabi, which is even quieter Help! lol
Latest post on 29 July 2015 - 13:05
Good afternoon all beautiful ladies out there. Been willing to post for a while, and reading other threads daily now it is my turn to post. I guess there are many more in my situation out there, working/gym/eat/sleep and that is it. I can honestly tell you my work does not give me any kind of satisfaction as I am doing absolutely nothing 9 hours every day (reception work). After work I usually go to the gym and that is it. Biggest part of my friends circle are all still single and you might know what that means. Clubbing, brunching, ladies night, bars.. well you know something that includes alcohol of food. Which I am getting sooo tired of. It seems like everything here is either surrounded by alcohol or food, and I would love to do something else for once. Some kind of hobby, activity or what so ever to meet other people and be active after sitting on my a** all day ;) Don't get me wrong, i also enjoy a great night out and some lovely food, but there must be so many other things to do here in Dubai, I just don't know what. So what I am basically asking is which kind of activities are there around the city? I live in Down town Dubai (it takes me 20 min to reach home from work) so if there are any evening activities around the area, suggest anything! I am dying of boredom :) Also during weekend, husband is usually working weekends so I need to get out and do stuff.. All help appreciated! xo

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY