Expats wanting to come back to UAE! | ExpatWoman.com

Expats wanting to come back to UAE!

Latest post on 29 July 2015 - 19:00

Hi ladies

Out of more frustration for wanting to come back to UAE, I'm writing yet another post.

What are the chances for an expat (my husband) to get re hired in UAE. He has already worked in dubai for 4 yrs. Now is working in UK in a very good organisation and is in the early middle of his career. His experience in HR and recruitment is just above 4 yrs now.

His cv is very attractive for the job roles that get advertised in UAE but due to not residing in that region at the moment he is not getting any interviews.

Anyone who belongs to professional world in UAE, please comment and help us direct in the right direction.

Impatient to come back ASAP!

Thanks

Latest post on 01 August 2015 - 08:45
Hey, I honestly think the chances for your husband are still high - he has good international experience, has UAE experience and is in HR which really does provide scope across sectors (unlike bankers). If you aren't having any luck via online networks, I would suggest that he visits Dubai and really blitzes contacts, networks, recruitment consultants. We have 2 different sets of friends, who were in the same situation as your husband (left UAE to go back to the UK reluctantly, before looking for opportunities to return), who have both managed to return this year (and a third one is one his way). And thats how they managed to do it - by visiting and meeting people face-to-face, their intent appears to be more serious. Make sure he contacts the likes of the big recruiters beforehand to pre-arrange meetings - what you tend to find is that they become a lot more responsive (and motivated to identify opportunities) after meeting. Also I'm sure your hubby still has some friends / ex-colleagues who are in the UAE. No harm in meeting these guys for a coffee and informally try to guage if there are any potential opportunities - surprising how much more he might glean than just sending them a speculative email (which they may never respond to). All these conversations may only provide some vague leads.....but it gives him scope to follow-up on these leads and stay in touch with contacts here may lead to a job. A lot of the big Abu Dhabi banks are also aggressively diversifying the nationalities of their staff - in DH's bank, they have hired over 30 staff from Europe this year. I'm sure it will happen for you guys also but it will take more time if you are doing this purely from the UK.
Latest post on 01 August 2015 - 04:56
Thanks :) I will ask him to work on all above advice. Although last yr he was head hunted by Saudi aramco but after that there has been no luck in this sense. But we are still hopeful. Thanks again.
Latest post on 30 July 2015 - 12:16
There are a lot of qualified HR professionals with same experience as your husband still looking for jobs. The competition within HR is fierce these days. Most major HR roles are marked for emaritization, especially with multinationals. Am saying this based on my background. 1) I recommend broadening your search across various sectors: My initial mistake was limiting my job search in the Oil and Gas sector only. 2) HR can ask HR for help: I highly recommend him speaking to headhunters. In my early job search phase, i felt i knew it all because i work in HR. But letting a recruiter know what you want helps them in presenting your profile to their clients. Ask him to pick up the phone and speak to them. 3) Gather all contacts you have : Begin to correspond with your former contacts stating your intent, one might be able to recommend him for a job. This is what is working for me right now. 4) Be patient. This is my two cents worth of advice as a HR professional who has seen both sides of recruiting in Dubai. Wishing you and him the very best.
Latest post on 30 July 2015 - 09:08
Hi ladies Out of more frustration for wanting to come back to UAE, I'm writing yet another post. What are the chances for an expat (my husband) to get re hired in UAE. He has already worked in dubai for 4 yrs. Now is working in UK in a very good organisation and is in the early middle of his career. His experience in HR and recruitment is just above 4 yrs now. His cv is very attractive for the job roles that get advertised in UAE but due to not residing in that region at the moment he is not getting any interviews. Anyone who belongs to professional world in UAE, please comment and help us direct in the right direction. Impatient to come back ASAP! Thanks Hi Shzee Unfortunately, the area of HR is extremely popular and many individuals (fully qualified also as no doubt your husband) and residing in Dubai are also seeking new opportunities. The job market is flooded with applicants. However having said that, it is best to network ie Linkedin and to register with reputable agencies (perhaps via Gulftalent etc) to get your husbands CV across. Good luck.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY