IVF - how many are successful ? | ExpatWoman.com

IVF - how many are successful ?

Latest post on 30 July 2015 - 09:57

Sorry, I know this topics gets asked a lot but just wondered how many of you had IVF here and it was successful. Where did you have it and how many times do you have to try? We were given a quite at fakih for 32000dhs that only one attempt and has a 40% success rate. Thank you

Latest post on 01 August 2015 - 22:29
I have been to fakih clinic. Dr Marikinti there is comprehensive in his approach and was previously with the Care clinic, UK. One of my friends had a successful iVF with Serum institute in Greece
Latest post on 01 August 2015 - 08:58
We were successful first time at Fakih. I know someone else who had a few unsuccessful rounds at Conceive then was successful with twins at Fakih. However it probably depends on your personal circumstances. For us the issue was not major and it was with DH which I think is easier to deal with. The only thing I didn't like about Fakih (aside from the obvious pushy sales tactics and the factory like atmosphere) was that they really wanted to transfer three embryos - most EU countries won't do this due to the risk of multiples, they also do 3 day transfers and cannot freeze leftover embryos. We are having a round for no.2 in London at the moment - they plan on a blastocyst transfer and will only transfer 1-2. My cousin had two failed cycles in Leeds and was told she had no chance of success. Then she went to a really good clinic in Greece (also quite cheap I think) and had a successful cycle there first time. Thank you, Ruth. This is really helpful, sound like Fakih has more success than others. Maybe worth it, thank you. Do you know the name of the clinic in Greece?
Latest post on 30 July 2015 - 13:29
We were successful first time at Fakih. I know someone else who had a few unsuccessful rounds at Conceive then was successful with twins at Fakih. However it probably depends on your personal circumstances. For us the issue was not major and it was with DH which I think is easier to deal with. The only thing I didn't like about Fakih (aside from the obvious pushy sales tactics and the factory like atmosphere) was that they really wanted to transfer three embryos - most EU countries won't do this due to the risk of multiples, they also do 3 day transfers and cannot freeze leftover embryos. We are having a round for no.2 in London at the moment - they plan on a blastocyst transfer and will only transfer 1-2. My cousin had two failed cycles in Leeds and was told she had no chance of success. Then she went to a really good clinic in Greece (also quite cheap I think) and had a successful cycle there first time.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY