Fed up with Freezing Air Con! | ExpatWoman.com

Fed up with Freezing Air Con!

Latest post on 30 July 2015 - 12:03

Does anyone else find it absolutely freezing everywhere you go? I understand its very hot outside and when you enter a building you need to feel a change in temperature to cool you down, but I feel like the only one who is absolutely shivering all the time, I am never comfortable,i'm either too hot from being outside and then become frozen inside!

I sit at work all day freezing, my hands are literally icicles! Whenever I go to any indoor place, mall, restaurant, supermarket, I am shivering my way around trying to get things done lol.

I've completely given up with any kind of summer clothes here, I now only wear proper trousers and jeans with jumpers and cardigans and closed toe shoes, I am from the UK and I was a lot ****** warmer there! lol

And nobody else seems to complain about it so am I the only one that's always freezing? :( Gonna have to buy a pair of gloves and woolly hat soon!

Latest post on 30 July 2015 - 22:34
Norak and Wickedangel_78 are right. The A/C in public indoor spaces is adjusted according to local clothing. The metro and the malls are fine as long as you are dressed according to the rules (shoulders and knees covered). You can always carry a pashmina with you in case you feel cold. However I do feel for the ladies who have to work in offices with the A/C set to freezing temperatures. I had the same problem in Europe and I would always turn it down as the cold draft is bad for your neck, shoulders and back. I also had cardigans and gloves for when it got particularly bad.
Latest post on 30 July 2015 - 21:58
I can't comment on offices, but I find the malls here to be pleasant and comfortable. Please don't mess with the air con in public places. As a hijab wearing Muslim, I'd be stuck at home if the malls and/or groceries were influenced by those few who get cold. I can't stand the heat anymore -- just fed up with it. This, I welcome the coolness after walking from the car to the mall/ supermarket. We're in full sleeves and head covers, we don't have the option to wear less ;)
Latest post on 30 July 2015 - 19:10
I can't comment on offices, but I find the malls here to be pleasant and comfortable. Please don't mess with the air con in public places. As a hijab wearing Muslim, I'd be stuck at home if the malls and/or groceries were influenced by those few who get cold. I can't stand the heat anymore -- just fed up with it.
Latest post on 30 July 2015 - 12:48
My office AC failed yesterday and we all started to 'glow' uncomfortably! It was fixed overnight but I won't be complaining about the chill again for a while yet.
Latest post on 30 July 2015 - 12:42
Yes and I love it! It's so hot!
Latest post on 30 July 2015 - 12:41
Our office is the same. I always have to make a big mug of Marmite to warm me up!
Latest post on 30 July 2015 - 12:30
I control my own AC :biggrin:
Latest post on 30 July 2015 - 12:29
Our office is Baltic. I have a thick cardigan and socks on!
Latest post on 30 July 2015 - 12:25
I'm OK with the temperature at the malls, they seem quite comfortable to walk around. But offices OMG! It is so cold in all the offices and especially when you sit at a desk all day in the freezing cold. I too am thinking of investing in a pair of gloves.
Latest post on 30 July 2015 - 12:21
Oh My! I so agree its like that all the time.....I hate it......I feel like im always shivering you know! My work is the worst, always so cold and feel like I need to take a blanket with me to work :cry:

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY