Shipment from US! | ExpatWoman.com

Shipment from US!

Latest post on 30 July 2015 - 12:45

Hi,

I want to ask if anyone tried ordering fro US via USPS to dubai without postal code?
I ordered something for my baby on 17th of July and they told me it will take 6- 10 days but until know didn't receive any thing ?
I am a bit worried because when I called Emirates post office they told me if there is no postal code on the package it will be sent back ?

Any help?

Latest post on 03 August 2015 - 17:23
I am seconding the comment of Cowboy. I used to purchase items from US and there are times that even if I put PO Box number, they won't do the delivery especially if the package is a little bulky. Go to Karama Central Post office and check with the received parcel (show them your tracking/parcel number from USPS and they will check it on their system. You will have to pay 2dhs per day as storage fee for your unclaimed parcel. I think they are keeping it there for at least 3 weeks before they send it back to sender. So better go and check the soonest you can. Cheers!:)
Latest post on 03 August 2015 - 10:25
As far as I know UAE doesn't have a postal code. Possibly you mean po box number? If you don't have one it may get sent back. As mail doesn't get sent to house addresses (unless its sent by courier with a door to door service) If you have a tracking number keep following it online, and when it arrives in the uae go to karama post office and have them try to find it for you. You might have to make a second trip once the package clears customs. Hopefully you are lucky and it's still here.
Latest post on 03 August 2015 - 10:25
So there was no PO Box number? Did you give them a physical address?
Latest post on 03 August 2015 - 09:57
Any information plz

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY