Dogs in Dubai | ExpatWoman.com

Dogs in Dubai

Latest post on 30 July 2015 - 16:16

I am finding various websites confusing. We have the possibility to relocate to Dubai next year, but we have a 10 year old staffordshire bull terrier. its a dealbreaker if he can come or not. He is an Irish Staffordshire not American. Anyone know the exact rules/regulations on English/Irish Staffs.

Latest post on 29 December 2023 - 22:55
[quote=FairyDust][quote=lal1][quote=Tarz1548][quote=FairyDust]Staffordshire bull terriers in general are a banned breed, as per the municipality rules. Although there are these dogs in the country,...
Hello, I know it's been a while but did you manage to take your staff I the end? We have a 10 year old English staff too and I'm wondering if can take him
Latest post on 04 August 2015 - 17:13
Staffordshire bull terriers in general are a banned breed, as per the municipality rules. Although there are these dogs in the country, it's not allowed to keep them in an apartment and they have to be leashed and muzzled at all times in public. Great thanks. Yes we aware that we would need a villa and no problem with the lead and muzzle But you'd still need to find an airline who'd fly that breed - a big ask. Anyways good luck with your research I know how precious our pets can be. It's not even about flying the dog, first you'd have to see if the municipality would actually allow you to import the dog - given that it's a banned breed - they might deny the import papers. Thanks everyone, I have just found out from the Municipality that English Staffs are allowed into Dubai, they are a restricted breed, not a banned breed. Looks like we'll be moving to Dubai next year. Thanks for all your help and advise, and I'll hopefully meet some of you next year when we arrive. Lots of planning and paperwork now!!!
Latest post on 01 August 2015 - 02:40
Staffordshire bull terriers in general are a banned breed, as per the municipality rules. Although there are these dogs in the country, it's not allowed to keep them in an apartment and they have to be leashed and muzzled at all times in public. Great thanks. Yes we aware that we would need a villa and no problem with the lead and muzzle But you'd still need to find an airline who'd fly that breed - a big ask. Anyways good luck with your research I know how precious our pets can be. It's not even about flying the dog, first you'd have to see if the municipality would actually allow you to import the dog - given that it's a banned breed - they might deny the import papers.
Latest post on 31 July 2015 - 20:48
Staffordshire bull terriers in general are a banned breed, as per the municipality rules. Although there are these dogs in the country, it's not allowed to keep them in an apartment and they have to be leashed and muzzled at all times in public. Great thanks. Yes we aware that we would need a villa and no problem with the lead and muzzle But you'd still need to find an airline who'd fly that breed - a big ask. Anyways good luck with your research I know how precious our pets can be.
Latest post on 31 July 2015 - 11:53
Staffordshire bull terriers in general are a banned breed, as per the municipality rules. Although there are these dogs in the country, it's not allowed to keep them in an apartment and they have to be leashed and muzzled at all times in public. Great thanks. Yes we aware that we would need a villa and no problem with the lead and muzzle
Latest post on 31 July 2015 - 08:05
Staffordshire bull terriers in general are a banned breed, as per the municipality rules. Although there are these dogs in the country, it's not allowed to keep them in an apartment and they have to be leashed and muzzled at all times in public.
Latest post on 30 July 2015 - 19:08
You may struggle finding an airline who'll fly that breed, def not allowed on Emirates. http://www.pettravel.com/airline_pet_rules/emirates.cfm
Latest post on 30 July 2015 - 16:29
Thanks, I have emailed them. Fingers crossed
Latest post on 30 July 2015 - 16:18
I am finding various websites confusing. We have the possibility to relocate to Dubai next year, but we have a 10 year old staffordshire bull terrier. its a dealbreaker if he can come or not. He is an Irish Staffordshire not American. Anyone know the exact rules/regulations on English/Irish Staffs. To get a definite answer, contact somewhere like Dubai Kennels and Cattery. They do a lot of animal relocation and will keep you right.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY