Friends please! | ExpatWoman.com

Friends please!

Latest post on 30 July 2015 - 17:01

Hello,
Just moved to Doha a month ago at the start of Ramadan. Now the holly month is over I'm looking to meet some new friends with similar interests. Im Australian, 28, married with no children; and huge on triathlons, Marathons and fun runs and overall people inspiring others to be all they can be. Im a experienced cake decorator and worked in childcare most of my working career.

If any like minded people would like to meet up id be happy to, I need some friends here! Im living in the West Bay area.

Cheers
Samantha

Latest post on 17 September 2015 - 12:58
Hey everyone! Would love to join you girls in any of the upcoming meetings, I am married and dont work at the moment, and started to be little bored hehe, in need of new friends. [b'>MrsHoff11[/b'>, I was trying to find a group in FB ladies who brunch, but it keeps on giving me groups from US Australia but not Qatar..:( Any other way I can find the group...? Thanks :) see if this works when you type it in on web browser https://www.facebook.com/groups/1743646019195850/ im so not good on computers :)
Latest post on 17 September 2015 - 08:59
Hello, Just moved to Doha a month ago at the start of Ramadan. Now the holly month is over I'm looking to meet some new friends with similar interests. Im Australian, 28, married with no children; and huge on triathlons, Marathons and fun runs and overall people inspiring others to be all they can be. Im a experienced cake decorator and worked in childcare most of my working career. If any like minded people would like to meet up id be happy to, I need some friends here! Im living in the West Bay area. Cheers Samantha Hi MrsHoff11 have you looked at this group based in Doha? https://www.facebook.com/groups/ladieswholunchdoha/?fref=ts They are very friendly. HTH EW EMily
Latest post on 17 September 2015 - 00:29
Hey everyone! Would love to join you girls in any of the upcoming meetings, I am married and dont work at the moment, and started to be little bored hehe, in need of new friends. [b'>MrsHoff11[/b'>, I was trying to find a group in FB ladies who brunch, but it keeps on giving me groups from US Australia but not Qatar..:( Any other way I can find the group...? Thanks :)
Latest post on 13 September 2015 - 21:00
Hi I don't have facebook but would be interested in the brunch group. Does anyone have any further details please? Many thanks you should get Facebook even just for this reason to meet people and see when the Girls who brunch group are meeting. We tend to meet about every 2 week at the moment :) will let you know when another is organised.
Latest post on 09 September 2015 - 16:34
Hi I don't have facebook but would be interested in the brunch group. Does anyone have any further details please? Many thanks
Latest post on 08 September 2015 - 18:44
hello Burcak welcome add girls who brunch on Facebook this has been the most suitable womens group i have found for our age group. their is also a pearl social Facebook page i believe. i can't add you as this site keeps deleting my name hope this helps Hello Samantha, Thank you for your help. I hope that I send the request to the correct page ;) See you there :)
Latest post on 08 September 2015 - 16:08
hello Burcak welcome add girls who brunch on Facebook this has been the most suitable womens group i have found for our age group. their is also a pearl social Facebook page i believe. i can't add you as this site keeps deleting my name hope this helps
Latest post on 07 September 2015 - 19:18
Hello Samantha and Ladies, I am Burcak from Turkey.I moved to Doha two months ago with my husband. After all houseworks I am ready to meet some new people . I am 33. I dont have a work and children.I am living at the pearl.  Can we meet for a coffee or meal out ? I am looking forward to hearing from you :)
Latest post on 26 August 2015 - 10:35
Hi ladies! Have you seen our clubs and expat groups listings? You may find it useful in meeting other expat women living in Qatar: http://www.expatwoman.com/qatar/monthly_qatar_guide_expat_groups_6178.aspx EW Admin Ok I see whats Happening here admin some of my posts are being deleted??? especially if i use my full name why is this so? how can i arrange to meet with people if i can't private message or use my name so they can add me on Facebook. Please help!
Latest post on 26 August 2015 - 10:25
Hi ladies! Have you seen our clubs and expat groups listings? You may find it useful in meeting other expat women living in Qatar: http://www.expatwoman.com/qatar/monthly_qatar_guide_expat_groups_6178.aspx EW Admin
Latest post on 26 August 2015 - 10:16
Hello Ladies! I haven't managed to meet anyone on this feed due to not being able to send private messages i think. Please add me on Facebook if you have so we can arrange a time to meet up :) cheers
Latest post on 23 August 2015 - 14:10
heading to the Paper Moon restaurant tomorrow Monday 24th August 2015 for a coffee at 10am with Qatar Expat women's positive support group. Ive only joined the group once and it was pretty good. tomorrow they have a talk on making bucket lists think it going to be very interesting if anyone would like to join cheers sam
Latest post on 21 August 2015 - 14:11
Hi Samantha: Am in doha also,I live in garaffa I got 2 kids I,d be happy if we could meet for a Coffe or anything! It would be nice to get friends
Latest post on 18 August 2015 - 15:35
Hi Samantha/All I am a 29 year old female, married with no children, from the UK. I will be moving out to Doha on 30th August, and I enjoy running, keeping fit and netball. It would be great to meet up for coffee/food in the next couple of weeks? Many thanks Bryna
Latest post on 08 August 2015 - 12:05
Hi Samatha I am arriving in 2 weeks. I hope your lunch meetup goes well. As I too was going to attend one of these lunches to check it out. I am over 40 and less than 50 :-) I am endeavouring to get somewhat fit. I will be taking advantage of the gym that is in our building everyday. My husband is living near the Museum of Islamic art side of the Corniche. Not sure that the area is called. If you want to meet up feel free to contact me. I'm new to this forum thing. Cheers yay! how exciting please hit me up when you arrive we can go walking along the corniche and have coffee :)
Latest post on 08 August 2015 - 02:47
Hi Samatha I am arriving in 2 weeks. I hope your lunch meetup goes well. As I too was going to attend one of these lunches to check it out. I am over 40 and less than 50 :-) I am endeavouring to get somewhat fit. I will be taking advantage of the gym that is in our building everyday. My husband is living near the Museum of Islamic art side of the Corniche. Not sure that the area is called. If you want to meet up feel free to contact me. I'm new to this forum thing. Cheers
Latest post on 06 August 2015 - 10:59
Hi Samantha, I will be heading to Doha in a few weeks as Hubby is due to start his new job at the end of August. Would love to arrange a meet with you and other ladies who are new and seasoned to Doha life. I am not as fit as I should be but this is as good an opportunity as any! 33, married, no babies and hope to find some work after a few months of settling into Doha life! Thanks for posting Samantha, hopefully we can arrange something soon. Thankyou also to the other posts in this thread. Always reassuring to know I am not alone! Do you know when you will be arriving yet? I'm going to suck it up and go to one of these women's groups probably next week. The thing that scares me a little is that they are massive groups and I may get lost or neglected among the crowd haha
Latest post on 06 August 2015 - 10:56
Hi Samantha, Am also not yet there currently in Tunisia but will be joining my hubby soon,i have a 3 month old baby so al new on the block,Would love to have a new friend once there as i dont know anyone there! Hope to meet you soon! How exciting when will you be arriving?
Latest post on 05 August 2015 - 22:49
Hi Samantha, I will be heading to Doha in a few weeks as Hubby is due to start his new job at the end of August. Would love to arrange a meet with you and other ladies who are new and seasoned to Doha life. I am not as fit as I should be but this is as good an opportunity as any! 33, married, no babies and hope to find some work after a few months of settling into Doha life! Thanks for posting Samantha, hopefully we can arrange something soon. Thankyou also to the other posts in this thread. Always reassuring to know I am not alone!
Latest post on 05 August 2015 - 21:21
Hi Samantha, Am also not yet there currently in Tunisia but will be joining my hubby soon,i have a 3 month old baby so al new on the block,Would love to have a new friend once there as i dont know anyone there! Hope to meet you soon!
Latest post on 02 August 2015 - 19:41
Hey Samantha, I live in Doha too. 31 years old, working, single and childless? If you'd like to meet for a drink, I'm free after 4pm during the weekdays. let me know..
Latest post on 02 August 2015 - 01:52
There are a few FB groups that might interest you - one is the Doha Bay Running Club and the other is Australians and New Zealanders in Qatar (not sure on exact titles but you get the idea) and I'm sure you'll find some like minded people. Good luck! (PS really really suggest you take your real name off your original post)
Latest post on 01 August 2015 - 17:50
My hope is to get employment once I have the appropriate visas. Probably will take me a couple months after we land to be able to apply for a job. How about you? Not sure if i will work or not I'm quite a creative person so the things i like to do normally take a lot of time hehe if i get board maybe lol
Latest post on 01 August 2015 - 13:55
Hello & welcome bye: I'm neither under 30 nor as fit as I want to be (but I am working towards changing that). I know there are several running groups in Doha - one runs regularly in the very early morning on the Corniche - you might try "running into" them there - the hard-core people do run year round. Another place you might try is Aspire Park in Al Waab. I will be returning to Doha in about 3 weeks. I have lived here nearly 10 years so if you need some info on where to find various items, just let me know. If I don't know one of my colleagues will. One of the bigger downsides to Doha IMHO is that you can't do all your grocery shopping in one place most of the time because you will find yourself going to A for X and to B for Z and C because neither A nor B had what you wanted at that particular point in time. It's sort of like foraging for your food.:)
Latest post on 01 August 2015 - 00:18
My hope is to get employment once I have the appropriate visas. Probably will take me a couple months after we land to be able to apply for a job. How about you?
Latest post on 01 August 2015 - 00:10
wow your lucky Id never heard of the place when we had to make the decision :) was a big leap of faith on my behalf I'm so not adventurous! will you be working too?
Latest post on 31 July 2015 - 23:59
I'm 32, no children... so no judgement here. Somewhat in shape, I know I can be better at this. I don't have facebook, but will get working on it as soon as we get closer to finalizing our visas. We will def need this to keep in contact with friends/family in the states. We had a week visit to Doha in June as they flew us out to see Qatar in person before we decided on accepting the offer. I loved it. I'm looking forward to our move there. :biggrin:
Latest post on 31 July 2015 - 23:41
Hi Samantha, I'm not there yet, but plan to be in Doha early November. My husband was offered a job and we are in the process of obtaining Visas. We are coming from the US. I am going to be in the same boat as you.... needing friends. As soon as we get there, I'd love to reach out to you. I also have no children. Not a runner, but am always happy to try new things. We will initially be in West Bay then probably permanently the Pearl. Look forward to meeting you!