Where can I find Bob's Red Mill Oats? | ExpatWoman.com

Where can I find Bob's Red Mill Oats?

Latest post on 04 August 2015 - 17:54
Saw the organic original ones at Geant, Ibn Batuta (organic and international section)
Latest post on 04 August 2015 - 09:31
It sounds really healthy. I think I'll try them out sometime. I've never actually eaten oats but I feed them to my baby.
Latest post on 03 August 2015 - 21:53
Saw the original ones in Lulus Al Barsha today, aisle 20 :)
Latest post on 03 August 2015 - 17:26
I use them to make porridge for breakfast. You boil two cups of water and a pinch of salt (optional) then add one cup of the oats and cook for about 10-15 minutes depending on how you like them (al dente or creamy). You can then top with whatever you like. I usually add berries or chopped fresh fruits (bananas, apricots, peaches), some honey (or agave syrup if you prefer), a tablespoon of ground almonds and some chia seeds. It's a very filling breakfast that keeps you going for ages and the kids love it too, which is a bonus :) The possibilities are endless with oats, though. You can use them in baking (breads, cookies, etc.). There are many recipes out there. I have tried other brands of rolled oats, but they seem to just disintegrate into slop once you cook them. The Bob's Red Mills ones hold their shape and have a really nice texture.
Latest post on 03 August 2015 - 16:56
Out of curiosity how do you eat them? Just with milk as a cereal?
Latest post on 03 August 2015 - 16:43
Thanks, ladies! The Organic supermarket in the Greens didn't have any either but I managed to find them in Choithrams. They seem to have all of the other Bob's Red Mill products under the sun in many places, but the old fashioned, whole grain oats were the hardest to find. Some supermarkets have them in the "Organic" section, while others stock them in the breakfast cereals aisle, just to confuse things!
Latest post on 03 August 2015 - 16:13
I saw bobs rolled oats in geant easy in arabian ranches, they were in the organic/ diet food aisle.
Latest post on 03 August 2015 - 15:29
at a convenient store in DIFC next to Caribou . they stock (surprisingly) a lot of GF and organic products.
Latest post on 02 August 2015 - 08:09
Thanks, Sam7. Haven't looked there yet. Will try today.
Latest post on 01 August 2015 - 17:17
The Organic Foods and Cafe store usually carries a varied stock of Bob's Red Mill products. I know I've seen their oats there in the past ...
Latest post on 01 August 2015 - 16:26
Have been looking all over for Bob's Red Mill whole grain regular rolled oats and can't seem to find them anywhere. Most of the supermarkets have the other Red Mill products but not the oats. Anyone seen them? TIA

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY