Selling my boat....help!! | ExpatWoman.com

Selling my boat....help!!

Latest post on 30 September 2015 - 09:10
annorman - give a call to Philippe Saad, MD at Eden Yachting. +971 43 28 29 30 He is based in Dubai. Sold our boat through him and he was excellent. Arranged to have the yacht cleaned, paint retouched, sails washed, etc, before anyone viewed it. Looked so good I almost didn't sell it :)
Latest post on 27 September 2015 - 23:01
Thanks Buster - will give Kirsty a call this week. Badger, its 35m and registered in Dubai - we will be looking for a buyer over the next year or so but thought I'd start getting the ball rolling as this could take some time to shift. I'm really looking for this to be marketed via an agent as opposed to listing on Dubizzle
Latest post on 27 September 2015 - 22:17
Are you looking for help selling the boat or deregistration and transferring the ownership? If it is a small boat (under 36 ft), the best place to advertise for free is Dubizzle. This is where most smaller boats are sold. If you are looking to transfer the ownership, we can assist you with this when the boat is sold, to ensure you have the correct documents and you get your transponder deposit back. You obviously need to get the transponder removed and cancel the registration, once you find a buyer. When you sell the boat you will get a bill of sale and deletion certificate from the NTA. When the boat is de registered you can submit your documents, to get the transponder deposit back. Currently it takes about 3 months. Let me know where your boat is registered and what size it is and I can advise the best way forwards.
Latest post on 27 September 2015 - 21:36
You can get advice from Kirsty at Arabian Gulf Yacht Services, 0505503998, she is very helpful.
Latest post on 26 September 2015 - 21:37
ladypenelope10, Did you have any luck selling your boat? We're probably going to do the same within the next 12 months so would be interested if you have any recommendation(s) re. agent. Thanks
Latest post on 02 August 2015 - 17:34
Bush and Noble - they will take it to all the 2nd hand boat shows for you as well if you want. What sort of boat is it?
Latest post on 02 August 2015 - 17:16
Your best bet is to register it with an agent - they can handle most of this for you. But depending what sort of boat it is, will decide how easy it is to sell. It took over a year for us to sell ours. Thank you FairyDust. Do you mind me asking which agent you used?? TIA
Latest post on 02 August 2015 - 12:41
Your best bet is to register it with an agent - they can handle most of this for you. But depending what sort of boat it is, will decide how easy it is to sell. It took over a year for us to sell ours.
Latest post on 02 August 2015 - 12:04
Hi, I'm looking to sell my boat. It's registered in Abu Dhabi, and was wandering if anyone knows the process involved in selling it. How do I transfer ownership, get my deposit back for the transponder, do i have to take my boat someplace to be seen etc etc. is there a company that does it all for you???????? Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY