Loot bag ideas for a magic theme?? | ExpatWoman.com

Loot bag ideas for a magic theme??

Latest post on 04 August 2015 - 10:38
I did a similar themed party twice. One DD was 4 and the other DD was 8. Have to admit, Pinterest was my friend :) What I have found with party bags is we spend time thinking of what to get and at the end of the day our carefully thought out toys/trinkets get discarded as soon as the children get in the car on their way home, and all they are interested in are the sweets. Nowadays I give more food than other things. For the first party, for the party bags we used the brown paper bags from Daiso. For each bag we cut out 2 colourful stars on card paper (make them a good size), wrote each child's name on one and the other said 'thank you for coming to my party'. We used ribbon to tie them to the bag handles. We bought little containers from Daiso, filled them with glitter and stuck cute labels on saying 'fairy dust', 'unicorn magic'. We bought packets of jelly beans, stuck a label on that said 'magic beans'. We asked the lady who made the birthday cake to also bake us some palm size star cookies with the handle like the cake pops - they looked like wands and she decorated them with icing. I wrapped the cookies in cling film and tied ribbons to the handles. Packets of worm candy, lots of sweets. For the second party, we did the cookie wand and bought magic/fantasy books. Each child got a book and a cookie wand to take home.
Latest post on 04 August 2015 - 08:28
for my daughter's magic themed birthday we gave the children magic pens... the two edged type pens where you can write with one end and rub over with the other end to erase or reveal the text... the kids had a blast with it!
Latest post on 03 August 2015 - 21:01
ooooh... I like the glitzy globe idea. But then what equivalent would I give the boys? And yes, potion bubbles are a good idea. I can't do the cape and wizard hat because everyone will be a different type of magical 'creature' But, Cherpie, do you know where I can get the magic trick packages?? I was thinking of that but have no idea where to find them. Trash packs? They all look like monsters haha Tbh my daughter got them for her school party a few years ago but it was at Union co-op. Sorry, I know too long ago! But maybe somebody else knows more recent place... We had looked everywhere else for little things and just couldn't find them, as she already put one larger gift in the bags. She got those trick boxes and some teeny packs of playing cards - they came in a pack of six. She also got rubber balls with stars on them, pack of twelve. Don't know how much you're wanting to spend but they do have lalaloopsy minis, a wizard one. For the boys they still have Harry Potter figures? Or they do have a fairy line of Schleich figures too, all sorts at hamleys. I'm sorry I'm not really helpful
Latest post on 03 August 2015 - 19:06
ooooh... I like the glitzy globe idea. But then what equivalent would I give the boys? And yes, potion bubbles are a good idea. I can't do the cape and wizard hat because everyone will be a different type of magical 'creature' But, Cherpie, do you know where I can get the magic trick packages?? I was thinking of that but have no idea where to find them.
Latest post on 03 August 2015 - 08:52
That's a tough one. They have spooky candy like worms? And I don't know if this would help but there are these "magic trick" little plastic boxes. There are charms that go on the rubber bracelets with fairies and maybe Halloween type theme I think I've seen. Also there are things like trash pack but for girls, called glitzy globes, they are like snow globes but they're teeeny, maybe they could pass as crystal balls?
Latest post on 03 August 2015 - 08:49
Bubbles re-labled 'Potion' Eyeball gobstoppers / haribo worms/ frogs glow in the dark "wands" from Daiso what about ditching the bags and giving everyone a black cape / wizard hat? Bet Rawnaq have wizard related pencils...?
Latest post on 03 August 2015 - 06:14
So I'm planning my little girls birthday. She's having a 'magical world' theme so witches, wizards, fairies, genies, what have you. ANY thoughts what I can put in the loot bags??? Trying to think of something related and coming up with NUTHIN!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY