Looking for great Aupair | ExpatWoman.com

Looking for great Aupair

Latest post on 16 November 2015 - 09:17
Guys, you should try Nanniesdubai agency! I used their services twice and always very happy with them ! We haired an au pair from them in 2015 and a new one in 2015. Both Are British and salary is very reasonable - Just AED6000 per month ! Both are with UAE D/L, multi lingual. On top of that, Nanniesdubai are doing full check up of the candidates they are offering and all of them come with good Ref and really super experience.
Latest post on 04 August 2015 - 11:50
I knew an English woman here working as an au pair/governess/nanny whatever you want to call it. She was qualified and was recruited through a London agency and paid a typical London salary with with flights etc provided. She did school runs, homework and cooked for the children but not cleaning. The family also employed a maid who did all the cleaning. I have no idea what sort of visa she was hired on.
Latest post on 04 August 2015 - 11:41
Maybe the OP has chosen to call a housemaid an au pair, just like those who refer to their housemaid as their nanny. That is true :-)
Latest post on 04 August 2015 - 11:33
I would love one too :) Sometimes you get lucky and find someone like OP is looking for. My friend's maid is here to save money so she can go to nursing school. Great English, awesome with her 2 children (she helps them with homework too - primary level), keeps the house spotless and handles management of all repairs, does grocery shopping and plans the family meals, loves to cook and is always trying out new dishes she finds online/in cook books (even bakes dog treats). She leaves in December and I know my friend will be crying at the airport :(
Latest post on 04 August 2015 - 11:26
Maybe the OP has chosen to call a housemaid an au pair, just like those who refer to their housemaid as their nanny.
Latest post on 04 August 2015 - 11:19
My parents used to 'employ' a nanny/au pair type when we had long hols (okay, this was a long time ago!) and in exchange for babysitting, helping out at parties, keeping an eye on us, and being a bit of a dogsbody, would get time off so she could hit the beach/piste etc and have a mini-holiday of her own. I think they gave her a bit of 'getting-around' cash, but that was it. Au Pairs/Private Nannies are usually employed from Europe and paid very well. They live in and do a lot more than your regular UAE maid would Drop off and collect kids from school/help with homework etc Babysitters at home in the UK are usually teenagers known to the family and paid for babysitting Au Pairs are not really common in the UAE unless employed by a company for a VIP or HNWI
Latest post on 04 August 2015 - 11:04
My parents used to 'employ' a nanny/au pair type when we had long hols (okay, this was a long time ago!) and in exchange for babysitting, helping out at parties, keeping an eye on us, and being a bit of a dogsbody, would get time off so she could hit the beach/piste etc and have a mini-holiday of her own. I think they gave her a bit of 'getting-around' cash, but that was it.
Latest post on 04 August 2015 - 11:00
No, no ... you don't need glasses. ;) But an au pair -- as I understand it -- is [i'>a young foreign person, typically a woman, who helps with housework or childcare in exchange for food, a room, and some pocket money[/i'>. Do we do this in Doobers? :D
Latest post on 04 August 2015 - 10:00
That's right: hence the different job description given to those from non-maid-sourcing nations eg governess, tutor, teacher etc. I was chatting about this with DH and he said that he knows people he worked with in AD who were able to bring in super-skilled types, but in every instance they were employed as PAs or similar under company auspices. Sure, they were doing driving/dinner/homework etc, but it looked -- on paper -- as if they were employed in an office job. And they were paid very well indeed. They sure as heck weren't 'maids' anyway. It's a tricky area. But as you say: the people who do this (with the good English etc), are paid a fabulous amount for the job, far more than 'normal' maids/nannies from the usual countries receive ... and their visa would NOT say that they were being employed as maids/nannies. Only a small selection of countries can become that out here (and they have a whole 'nother set of rules attached to their visas too, in terms of payment, travel, time off, insurance, healthcare etc). The very idea that someone would do this work for free, out here, is mind-boggling for me though (sorry, OP). I guess you might find a teenager between school/uni to do something like it ... but I'm positive (well, hearsay, really!) that being an au pair -- as one understands the role in UK anyway! -- just doesn't exist here. While it's true that there are internship opportunities (non-paid) in the UAE, for the most part, this country has a system where people are paid for their efforts, have a contract, yada yada yada ... and because there is a maid 'system', working for free as an au pair just isn't a thing. That's why, as I've said, people who are employed in a more highly-skilled housekeeper/tutor/governess role come from non-maid countries, and are paid accordingly (with different visas to boot). I cannot see where the OP asked for a free one? Do I need glasses :biggrin:
Latest post on 04 August 2015 - 09:13
That's right: hence the different job description given to those from non-maid-sourcing nations eg governess, tutor, teacher etc. I was chatting about this with DH and he said that he knows people he worked with in AD who were able to bring in super-skilled types, but in every instance they were employed as PAs or similar under company auspices. Sure, they were doing driving/dinner/homework etc, but it looked -- on paper -- as if they were employed in an office job. And they were paid very well indeed. They sure as heck weren't 'maids' anyway. It's a tricky area. But as you say: the people who do this (with the good English etc), are paid a fabulous amount for the job, far more than 'normal' maids/nannies from the usual countries receive ... and their visa would NOT say that they were being employed as maids/nannies. Only a small selection of countries can become that out here (and they have a whole 'nother set of rules attached to their visas too, in terms of payment, travel, time off, insurance, healthcare etc). The very idea that someone would do this work for free, out here, is mind-boggling for me though (sorry, OP). I guess you might find a teenager between school/uni to do something like it ... but I'm positive (well, hearsay, really!) that being an au pair -- as one understands the role in UK anyway! -- just doesn't exist here. While it's true that there are internship opportunities (non-paid) in the UAE, for the most part, this country has a system where people are paid for their efforts, have a contract, yada yada yada ... and because there is a maid 'system', working for free as an au pair just isn't a thing. That's why, as I've said, people who are employed in a more highly-skilled housekeeper/tutor/governess role come from non-maid countries, and are paid accordingly (with different visas to boot).
Latest post on 03 August 2015 - 16:21
Hi. I am looking for a special person to Aupair for my family. Must be English speaking and experienced with children. Primary responsibilities will include after-school pick ups, homework, grocery shopping and cooking. All recommendations or interested applicants welcome.:) I know a couple of people, over the years, who have employed staff who have all these skills and they are paid a LOT of money (far far more than the wages paid for maids/nannies from Philippines, India etc) and they're generally brought to the country as 'governesses'. I'm sorry, but the way the visa system works out here, you would never be able to have someone do this kind of work for free (as an au pair), and there is a limited selection of countries from which you can hire people to be nannies/maids (and I'm not even sure whether these countries could provide you with a person with the skills you've listed unless, again, you pay over the odds, and source someone from their home country via an agency, which will also charge major ducats for doing it!). Sorry to be a downer, but Dubai isn't like London, where one can provide food/board for a student who wants to learn English, travel etc, and will work for you as well. Good luck sorting out your situation though. :) I know of one lady ( British) but she is employed by the Husbands company and is paid a small fortune, given a car and travels with them Is it correct that certain nationals cannot be employed by a family in this capacity hence the reason only certain nationals can be a maid?
Latest post on 03 August 2015 - 15:48
Hi. I am looking for a special person to Aupair for my family. Must be English speaking and experienced with children. Primary responsibilities will include after-school pick ups, homework, grocery shopping and cooking. All recommendations or interested applicants welcome.:) I know a couple of people, over the years, who have employed staff who have all these skills and they are paid a LOT of money (far far more than the wages paid for maids/nannies from Philippines, India etc) and they're generally brought to the country as 'governesses'. I'm sorry, but the way the visa system works out here, you would never be able to have someone do this kind of work for free (as an au pair), and there is a limited selection of countries from which you can hire people to be nannies/maids (and I'm not even sure whether these countries could provide you with a person with the skills you've listed unless, again, you pay over the odds, and source someone from their home country via an agency, which will also charge major ducats for doing it!). Sorry to be a downer, but Dubai isn't like London, where one can provide food/board for a student who wants to learn English, travel etc, and will work for you as well. Good luck sorting out your situation though. :)
Latest post on 03 August 2015 - 15:17
Au Pairs don't really exist in this part of the world. Most families will employ a maid from Africa/Asia however be warned not many of them drive Most people find them through word of mouth or agencies
Latest post on 03 August 2015 - 14:48
Hi. I am looking for a special person to Aupair for my family. Must be English speaking and experienced with children. Primary responsibilities will include after-school pick ups, homework, grocery shopping and cooking. All recommendations or interested applicants welcome.:)

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY