Pre-paid credit card | ExpatWoman.com

Pre-paid credit card

Latest post on 04 August 2015 - 07:17

Hoping someone might be able to help, as I'm pulling my hair out and seem to have exhausted most options.

Looking for a pre-paid credit card for DH - where you don't need to be a resident. Every avenue I have tried, you need to provide an Emirates ID or show a visa, which to me seems daft, as doesn't that totally go against the point of the thing?

Tried most of the banks, the money changers etc.

Any ideas?

TIA

Latest post on 08 August 2015 - 06:34
UAE Exchange also require an employment visa (paper copy is enough) and a copy of the users passport.
Latest post on 07 August 2015 - 09:24
You could try with UAE Exchange Gocash. It costs 35aed for a new non-personalized card, but I don't remember if the Visa is necessary sorry. However in the form you can mention the authorized persons to use it and top it up.
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 04 August 2015 - 16:06
Have you tried NBAD and Emirates Islamic bank?
Latest post on 04 August 2015 - 09:07
http://www.travelezcard.com Take it out with your ID and then give it to DH/Staff, they can sign and use (cards are not personalized). Anyone who has registered name and card number can top up. I have done this for my kids. HTH
Latest post on 04 August 2015 - 09:06
The gift cards are only single use and can't be topped up. This is so frustrating.
Latest post on 04 August 2015 - 08:34
I remember seeing a pre-paid visa ‘gift’ card at the Carrefour till check-out. they come in different denominations. Would that work for you?
Latest post on 04 August 2015 - 08:27
Following! Been looking for these for ages. Want something we can give our international staff a 'money card' they can spend anywhere! I couldn't find anything that didn't require mounts of id etc... which defeats the purpose of being able give them as a reward ad hoc.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY