Teachers at home?? | ExpatWoman.com

Teachers at home??

Latest post on 15 August 2015 - 00:42

Hello again, forgot to ask, if we can't get our son a place in school for months, can we get any tutor or teacher that would come to our home to teach him?? Is it true we might have to wait six months for some kind of permit before we can even apply for a place?

Latest post on 30 September 2015 - 23:25
That's great thanks ? that is exactly our situation now
Latest post on 18 September 2015 - 07:14
As an FYI for Romain and others who may have questions about the 6 month rule in future. For the majority of expat workers, the government requires the employed spouse to have 6 months of bank records (local) before that person can apply for RPs for their family. However, for the majority of Western expats, this rule is not always enforced, usually at the request of their employers. If your company has a good PRO and the company wants you here badly enough, the RP process may be expedited and the 6 month rule waived after the employer applies for the waiver. HTH
Latest post on 17 September 2015 - 17:46
Thanks very much. I managed to find a tutor online that came to our house which has worked out well
Latest post on 17 September 2015 - 11:09
Hello again, forgot to ask, if we can't get our son a place in school for months, can we get any tutor or teacher that would come to our home to teach him?? Is it true we might have to wait six months for some kind of permit before we can even apply for a place? I don't know about the 6 months permit that they've told you (we were never told anything about this when we relocated). But if you're concerned about the learning progress and your son/daughter continuing with their studies you can enroll them at a learning center first. They have a lot those here in Dubai but some are totally bogus! The one y daughter goes to is monarch learning center and she loves her teachers because they are young and she relates with them well. This is their site if you're curious www.monarchlearning.org
Latest post on 18 August 2015 - 12:27
Thanks again everyone, but does that mean he has to wait six months until he can go to shool?? (And that's if we find a place) What do you all do with your children whilst waiting for the permit if you are at work? How do they get taught?
Latest post on 17 August 2015 - 13:55
Hi Romaine, You can apply to schools without an RP for your son, but for him to start, he will have to have his RP in place. You *may* be able to have him start with a 'family RP', but I think most schools are cracking down on this and requiring the children to have their own RP before starting. If you're in the process of getting the final RP, the school should hold your child's place until he has his own. I think you should also be able to find a tutor for your son if you have to home school for a while. There are some homeschooling web sites here -- I don't know what they are - but if you do a search on this forum, maybe the topic has come up. Good luck!
Latest post on 15 August 2015 - 22:34
Technically, the SEC (Supreme Education Council) requires the child to have their RP before enrolling. In practice, some schools (not all) will allow the child to attend if the parents can prove the RP is in process. That said, [i'>getting[/i'> a school place be more difficult than any of the other challenges. You need to get on waiting lists and making contacts at your preferred schools. There are several threads discussing different schools, just do a quick search and you may find answers to your questions there.