Any advice on bringing my helper from Singapore to Dubai | ExpatWoman.com

Any advice on bringing my helper from Singapore to Dubai

Latest post on 17 August 2015 - 18:31

Hi, we soon move from singapore to dubai and would love to bring our helper from the philippines with us. However it's not clear for me if it's possible...Can anybody help me and explain me the procedure.
Many thanks

Latest post on 29 August 2015 - 03:05
My family is moving from Singapore to Dubai. I was thinking of bringing my Indian domestic worker with me but I just found out that the minimum age there is 30 years :(. Does anyone know of a way around it (legally)? Any exceptions made?
Latest post on 17 August 2015 - 23:15
1st you need to get you residency stamped on your passports (you & your husband) then you need to have a house lease contract with 2+ Bedrooms or a maid's room. Then you can apply for a visa for your maid under your sponsorship. If she's in Singapore it is not an issue, but if she flies back to Philippines it is not easy to get her to leave her country and come here even if she has a visa issued here. Yes you can bring her with you as a tourist. If you are flying with emirates airlines they will process the tourist visa for her. This visa is for 30 days and after that you can extend it for another 30 days. During this time you need to apply for her employment visa. Normally if your husband is the one sponsoring you and your kids he will also sponsor your helper. There is still a kind of a ban going on between Philippines and Dubai regarding domestic helpers, so it is advisable that your helper flights direct from Singapore to Dubai. And finally, welcome to Dubai! although you will miss Singapore. I lived there for 13 years and I still miss it.
Latest post on 17 August 2015 - 22:09
1st you need to get you residency stamped on your passports (you & your husband) then you need to have a house lease contract with 2+ Bedrooms or a maid's room. Then you can apply for a visa for your maid under your sponsorship. If she's in Singapore it is not an issue, but if she flies back to Philippines it is not easy to get her to leave her country and come here even if she has a visa issued here.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY