What is wrong with the clothinngs shops here???? | ExpatWoman.com

What is wrong with the clothinngs shops here????

Latest post on 17 August 2015 - 18:50

I have been looking for some T shirts, normal T shirts, and it has been such a task. I have searched Dubai Mall, DCC and Mercato also.... All I see is either really wide shirts,
or too short petit shirts,
or with the long slits on the sides until the bra line strap,
or slit on the back,
or see through,
toooooo revealing shirts.

Who the **** wears all this stuff? Seriously????
I don't know what these brands think in which part of world we live in? I really want to know about mothers who let their young girls and teen agers wear such cloths :\:

Can Plz someone tell me about some shop, where I can find some nice designs of plain, normal, not see through shirts. Just the casual one.... Not so fancy. I am practically without any cloths at the moment :cry:

Latest post on 06 February 2017 - 11:29
I usually buy t-shirts from aplash and max. They r pretty good to wear casually. If you are in Sharjah, then always try to buy things from MAX store at al wahda road near city center. Thay have huge variety.
Latest post on 06 February 2017 - 10:58
Shopping this season isn't easy, I bought several tops, same design just different colours, from american eagle only to reach home and discover they have a quality control problem. Some tshirts were shorter than others, and some were wider. Similar problem with h&m shirts, as one colour was too tight and the other colour was a perfect fit. My all time prob :cry: Sorry ladies, either I am very picky (which I am not) or shops here suck. I have been to 2 malls and did through search. Didn't find anything worth wearing.... May be time to burn more calories and do the search again in above mentioned shops again. :thinking: Hanks for your help everyone. Also what I honestly noticed is that i can go to all the malls and their stores many times in one or two months and find nothing, then suddenly in the third month go and buy a lot. Updates are quite slow here. Also, i am not sure if convenient, Saharas new extension is great. I never find anything much in DM or MCC or anything but same stores in sahara have better stock. Especially Zara...
Latest post on 06 February 2017 - 10:54
Have you tried Banana republic or M and S. Good for basics. I don't shop here anymore, I buy online and shop and ship it. Yea i mostly buy online at like Shein.com sometimes souq.com and namshi.com... and for occasions dillards.com
Latest post on 29 May 2016 - 19:16
I thought I was the only one! I can also only wear natural fibres but linen is usually not an option as it is so see through. 100% cotton T-shirts are hard enough to find. Work wear is impossible! Last year M&S had a great range of T-shirts in lots of colours but this year there is nothing at all worth buying. So annoying!
Latest post on 29 May 2016 - 15:39
Carrefour MOE
Latest post on 21 September 2015 - 09:42
I also can't wear polyester and struggle to find cotton shirts. Even T-shirts now are more commonly a cotton mix rather than 100% cotton, even at M&S. Some shops don't stock any cotton tops at all - ridiculous in this climate.
Latest post on 21 September 2015 - 08:07
Cotton On in the Dubai mall has great T-shirt :) they also have 100% cotton options (not all there are). I can't wear polyester so I have to be very careful. Good Luck!
Latest post on 20 September 2015 - 17:58
I have been looking for some T shirts, normal T shirts, and it has been such a task. I have searched Dubai Mall, DCC and Mercato also.... All I see is either really wide shirts, or too short petit shirts, or with the long slits on the sides until the bra line strap, or slit on the back, or see through, toooooo revealing shirts. Who the **** wears all this stuff? Seriously???? I don't know what these brands think in which part of world we live in? I really want to know about mothers who let their young girls and teen agers wear such cloths :\: Can Plz someone tell me about some shop, where I can find some nice designs of plain, normal, not see through shirts. Just the casual one.... Not so fancy. I am practically without any cloths at the moment :cry: Hey Smartee, If your looking for Basic T- Shirts you can head over to Max or Splash fashions. Your next best option could be Giordano, G2000 & Bossini they have very affordable T - Shirts. If your looking for something a little bit fancy not over the top H&M is the best bet. Of course if you're looking for better quality American Eagle & Aeropostale come to my mind. Hope this helps you in someway.
Latest post on 19 August 2015 - 08:38
I only ever buy clothes here when they are in the sale New Look and River Island will ship to the UAE for a flat fee of AED50, it takes around 10 days. I price other clothes here then order online as the UK always has sales on case in point Miss Selfridge jumpsuit AED350 in Dubai UK price AED145 plus AED43 shipping, I received it in a week, saving of AED162 It helps it you know your sizes
Latest post on 19 August 2015 - 00:02
For those of you who mentioned opting to buy clothes online, does it actually usually come out to be cheaper than buying here, considering the shipping costs? I'm a newbie and can't believe I just spent $55 on my son's next size of karate uniform when I could have gotten a good one for $20 on Amazon... now I'm thinking, S&S would have cost what -- $9 per 1/2 kg? So maximum $20 for shipping, for a total of $40? I wouldn't mind saving $15 every time I buy something like that...
Latest post on 18 August 2015 - 21:16
Shopping this season isn't easy, I bought several tops, same design just different colours, from american eagle only to reach home and discover they have a quality control problem. Some tshirts were shorter than others, and some were wider. Similar problem with h&m shirts, as one colour was too tight and the other colour was a perfect fit. My all time prob :cry: Sorry ladies, either I am very picky (which I am not) or shops here suck. I have been to 2 malls and did through search. Didn't find anything worth wearing.... May be time to burn more calories and do the search again in above mentioned shops again. :thinking: Hanks for your help everyone.
Latest post on 18 August 2015 - 19:09
I also like M&S and www.nextdirect.ae is brilliant, delivery in 4 days.
Latest post on 18 August 2015 - 13:37
Shopping this season isn't easy, I bought several tops, same design just different colours, from american eagle only to reach home and discover they have a quality control problem. Some tshirts were shorter than others, and some were wider. Similar problem with h&m shirts, as one colour was too tight and the other colour was a perfect fit.
Latest post on 18 August 2015 - 13:28
Timberland do nice tshirts sometimes, too
Latest post on 18 August 2015 - 11:26
Gap and M&S are good for basic t-shirts, they tend to be a good fit and good quality - not see through! Oasis have nice T shirts with more of a design or pattern so you could try Debenhams at MOE as there is an Oasis there and also other brands to check out. Massimo Dutti do nice tops but sometimes you have to check the fabric incase it is on the thin side. I forgot about Oasis. I got some from A&F at the Sun and Sand sports place and they wash well Matalan have some too
Latest post on 18 August 2015 - 11:25
Gap and M&S are good for basic t-shirts, they tend to be a good fit and good quality - not see through! Oasis have nice T shirts with more of a design or pattern so you could try Debenhams at MOE as there is an Oasis there and also other brands to check out. Massimo Dutti do nice tops but sometimes you have to check the fabric incase it is on the thin side.
Latest post on 18 August 2015 - 11:24
As well as what others have suggested I'd also add that I recently bought a couple of plain, not see through and good quality t-shirts from Muji. Stores in MCC & Dubai Mall.
Latest post on 18 August 2015 - 10:56
I have bought plain cotton T shirts in various colours from Marks and Spencers, Debenhams, Gap and on occasion River Island
Latest post on 18 August 2015 - 09:10
Thanks everyone for reply. Seems like I am not the only one suffering. I have checked all the shops including sun and sand. May be my only option is buying online ?
Latest post on 18 August 2015 - 08:55
Easier and cheaper to buy them online from brands you know. I always like the look of Gap then I try them on and sizes/shapes are all over the place. Anything I have managed to get to fit has been very good though. Sun & sands behind the gold & diamond park can be good they have lots of sports gear but they sometimes have good casual gear from north face and columbia etc. which won't be see through. I bought a lovely jumper with those slits up the side thinking this will be lovely with a nice bright top under neath.... its not its weird, will be taking it satwa to get it sown up :cry: At this stage im starting to think i should buy a sowing machine and get lessons from my mother!! All these skills I swore I would never need! :(
Latest post on 18 August 2015 - 08:02
I don't like to wear see through blouses either and many times you don't know until you are out somewhere bright. Paul Smith and Thomas Pink are good. I also found one in H&M, but generally find their blouses are a bit see through. In Europe I like Esprit, but find the Dubai stores stock really poor. Tshirts is a real struggle too...I am buying some of the more plain ones from sport shops for everyday use.
Latest post on 17 August 2015 - 22:00
Max? Geordano? I shop from Marks & Spencer most of the time. I wear shirts mainly not t-shirts, but I got few t-shirts from Max for house wear recently and they look ok. Splash might also have basic t-shirts. I think Geordano have basic polo t-shirts
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 17 August 2015 - 21:51
Whatever is in fashion will be sold whether it's appopritate or not for the region. People should be able to know what kind of clothing is appropriate for what place and occasion. I buy a lot of basics from H&M, their basic t-shirts are very good quality.
Latest post on 17 August 2015 - 20:37
How about GAP? They tend to have more normal/classic clothing.
Latest post on 17 August 2015 - 20:28
Have you tried Banana republic or M and S. Good for basics. I don't shop here anymore, I buy online and shop and ship it.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY